Alessandro's Remeshing Corner

Discussion in '3D Remeshing' started by Alessandro Needs A Server, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Alessandro Needs A Server

Alessandro Needs A Server Well-Known Member

2. Alessandro Needs A Server

3. Mixa97sr

Mixa97sr Member

This is so unnecessary:

upload_2018-5-22_20-46-59.png

And there's this, which can probably be easily fixed with some minor mapping:
    upload_2018-5-22_20-48-27.png
  4. Alessandro Needs A Server

It's necessary for me, i didn't want it to be flat and just an image, also it's not many additional tris since the mesh is very simple.
  5. Mixa97sr

Mixa97sr Member

That's 400 tris per piano. Skill lots use this piano a lot. Last time I was in one, there were 12 of these, so that's 400x12, almost 5000 tris. You could have done that with an alpha plane. But eh.

I guess texture space would suffer then.
  6. Daveo

Daveo New Member

Can we see your remesh?
  7. Mixa97sr

Mixa97sr Member

I could do it, I just don't have time. And it would be easier to just modify this one, but it's Alex's choice, so nothing to be done there. It looks gorgeous so it's not that bad :D. I was just commenting on unnecesarry tris that could be (but not necessarily) reduced.
  8. Raeven

Raeven Active Member

These threads were started as a nice clear way to keep track of the uploaded remeshes. Adding in suggestions and critiques just clutter them up.

Critiquing should be done in discord or broken out into a separate thread, preferably while the item is being made and the person has posted looking for feedback. Posting something here as a completed world can be read as no longer seeking feedback unless otherwise stated.
  9. Alessandro Needs A Server