Discussion in 'Development News' started by RHY3756547, Sep 29, 2016.
Timer has like a minute left on it.
Sounds like you guys are referring to what you're using to translate registrations into new accounts and character files on the server. I'm guessing the server this was running on had subpar code that probably wasn't optimized at all? It must have just been logically good enough to perform the task properly.
Network stuff is really easy to screw up in my experience, and network congestion is really quick to happen if things start piling up at all.
I think creating that Facebook group and bringing a ton of extra attention to this, when it was supposed to be a small scale launch, probably helped cause this problem.
Thanks for all the hardwork anyways, and keep it up.
More updates on the server front:
- asp.net implentation of base game api functionality working. future improvements to external api to come (js city view, lot thumbs via http instead of data service)
- desyncing once no longer causes you to resync every 30 seconds
- resync correctly restores animation state (this never worked - not sure how we didnt catch this before) see below for example situation
- fixed object temps getting slammed by check trees.
- fixed bonus task failing for large number of lots (sql would perform lazy evaluation on a result set over a certain size)
- other improvements
I dont have much time these days due to uni, but I'll still be around to fix game breaking bugs like this. Next up is a lot freeze bug in VMRoomMap.MakeOutside.
Separate names with a comma.