[ARCHIVE] Road to Live Release

Discussion in 'Development News' started by RHY3756547, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Active Member

RHYs is it possible for you to unlock the rare objects into Buy mode (Craftables, holiday-specific, anniversary gifts, war table all of that?)
    Tirea and RainCloud like this.
  2. RainCloud

RainCloud Active Member

not the craftables ... I loved crafting .... I want to use the craft table in this game, I bought one already but sadly it's not working lol ;)
    Tori Sim likes this.
  3. Noel

Noel Member

I never got the chance to play this game during its time and missed my chance, but "Craftables, Holiday-Specific, anniversary gifts and war tables?"
    *Squeals like a prepubescent child*
    If any on you are ever hosting during the week or weekend please pm me the IP so I can join you guys! :D (If that's how it works) I'm online everyday on the forums
    (Having just found out about this I am extremely excited and cannot control my emotions right now)
    xXJDrocks450Xx likes this.
  4. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Active Member

Of couse! I only meant so we have access to them. As of now I don't think Crafting actually works (inventory for sure doesn't anyway)
    RainCloud and Tirea like this.
  5. xXJDrocks450Xx

xXJDrocks450Xx Well-Known Member

Yeah It would be awesome to play test again sometime! :D
    Noel likes this.
  6. Clonest

Clonest Active Member

Now somone can play as James Bond and brag about how many times they've fired their gun at a woman, giggity giggity! ;)
    Cyber Toon, LetsRaceBwoi and Noel like this.
  7. nicefunfungirl

nicefunfungirl Active Member

This is too weird and confusing to me but,Awesome. XD
    Cyber Toon, pisarz1958 and Clonest like this.
  8. LetsRaceBwoi

LetsRaceBwoi Well-Known Member

FIRE EVERYWHERE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Cyber Toon likes this.
  9. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

upload_2015-10-30_2-24-57.png upload_2015-10-30_2-26-57.png

Primitive addition, pointer modification, undo/redo, etc. A few more primitive definitions too, but still not many since the base functionality is only just all there.

[​IMG]
  10. LetsRaceBwoi

- what's for tea, papa rhys
    - fountains
  11. RHY3756547

[​IMG]
    Dynamic multitile object support. For some reason, flood increase only seems to want to spread towards the Northwest. The routine should be choosing a random direction from {0, 2, 4, 6} but it's only getting to the create object stage for {0, 6}.

upload_2015-10-31_17-16-25.png
    Cyber Toon and yoyo like this.
  12. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

You stripped out animation from there?? Also will be good result with some other multitile objects like the one for skills..
  13. RHY3756547

I forced a flood by modifying a behaviour to do it for me. Before this would be near impossible to test, so I really gotta thank myself here. Thanks, Rhys!
  14. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

My Sim went in the fountain. XD
  15. AnthraxWarhead

AnthraxWarhead New Member

Sorry for my stupid question , but I'm curios about something.....

What does these "primitives" actually do?
  16. LetsRaceBwoi

A primitive is a command that SimAntics uses - for instance, the primitive "Find Best Object For Function". This is the opcode of the command you're running, basically (am I right here?)
  17. AquilaSim

AquilaSim Administrator Staff Member Moderator

It was not really a stupid question actually...
  18. RHY3756547

Everything, basically.
    20 percent accurate as usual, Morty. Objects contain subroutines (trees) which are run by interactions to drive the gameplay. The subroutines consist of up to 253 addressed primitives, with the top 3 addresses reserved for Return True, False and Error. Each primitive has an opcode (what command to run), an operand (special properties for the command), a true pointer and a false pointer. They're linked together in a graph, with true/false from each primitive linking to another primitive or return value. Overall it behaves like an interpreter with a lot of unusual jumps.
  19. Andy

Andy New Member

How can I enter the IDE?
  20. RHY3756547

[​IMG]
    Special window for scope search. All you have to do is type the source name (approximately, it's a search), press enter, and type the data value or name then press enter again. Will be up shortly...

Start the game via FSO.IDE.exe, then hold shift while queuing an interaction. Instead of queuing the interaction it'll open the editor.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.