[ARCHIVE] Road to Live Release

Discussion in 'Development News' started by RHY3756547, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noel

Noel Member

Well there goes my hopes and dreams lmao
    Darn, well if anything maybe that could be an additive post-release for unofficial servers such as peer-to-peet connections?
    And
    Forgive me for not having read the entirety of the forum :( I am quite lazy lol but doesnt that raise the question of copyright violations if the game is basically based off of The Sims Online. Please excuse my daftness :confused:
    In any case it isnt a problem at all I was just curious. Curiousity may have killed the cat but superstition brought it back :)
  2. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Active Member

Will we be able to create custom animations?
  3. Cyber Toon

Cyber Toon Member

Would it be possible to create an animation for the slide (in theory) some time in the future?
  4. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

Yes, but we need more tools (to make animations) and some modifications to the content system to support it.
    zc456 and Cyber Toon like this.
  5. Cyber Toon

Cyber Toon Member

Thanks, I just wanted to know that it was possible in the future. I know the time could be spend implementing much more useful stuff atm than fixing a slide.
  6. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

Maybe the pool animations can be converted by those used in The Sims Vacations, the slide is added by this expansion, as i remember...
    Gabriel_L_Ferraz likes this.
  7. Driesje44

Driesje44 Active Member

I think it was House Party, not sure though...
  8. pisarz1958

pisarz1958 Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I think:
    - licenses and stuff
    - reverse engineering and stuff
  9. RHY3756547

New build landing soon. Also includes a rather complicated patch to fix the koi pond object!
    [​IMG]
    yoyo, Cyber Toon and AquilaSim like this.
  10. RHY3756547

Build 204 is here! Let's see what you can make with pools. ;) (or experiment with PIFFs, if you're into that kind of thing!)

upload_2016-1-30_0-39-50.png
    Note that until grass rendering is changed, you will see your sim through the bottom of the pool.
    yoyo, Cyber Toon, zc456 and 3 others like this.
  11. Simhrique0990

Simhrique0990 Active Member

For the works, PIFFS ?
    ( Sorry , I do not get it to work :( ) :D
  12. RHY3756547

I don't understand the question. Two patches to both the koi pond and slide are present in the latest build. If you're trying to translate the game, it's not ready yet.
    Simhrique0990 likes this.
  13. lordrayken

lordrayken Member

I'm worried at how much custom stuff I'm hearing about... This is still going to be close to the original The Sims Online, right?

Good job on all the hard work, by the way, people who do all the hard work. But I want this to feel authentic! lol
    RainCloud likes this.
  14. AquilaSim

AquilaSim Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Personnaly I don't wish from FreeSO to be close of the original game... but to be exactly and completely similar with the same experiences of gameplay, ect...
    RainCloud likes this.
  15. lordrayken

lordrayken Member

Good to hear! Sometimes I see a lot of talk about custom stuff.
  16. mallhew

mallhew Member

Curious if skilling is something that is in the pipeline. And economic features! Cool to see progress.
  17. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Active Member

Does the ID or.. that.. program to modify PIFF, does it have any external requirements, I mentioned a while ago that it never started (boo!).
  18. mini_cooper4

mini_cooper4 Member

Rhy's working on bringing all these features.

Yes, there will be custom content at some point but it will mostly be present on private servers only.
    The Official server will surely stay true to the original game just enhanced - stuff like multistory buildings and multiple lot ownership(the former is already in I think).
    Think of it like TSO Remastered. Mostly adding stuff that you wouldn't even notice at first just small changes that make the game that much better.
    Special CC items during Holidays is something to be expected I guess :)
    If this vision has changed I'm sure Rhy can further elaborate on this subject.
    AquilaSim likes this.
  19. camjam1995

camjam1995 Member

I agree with that. Id rather it stay as genuine and vanilla as possible. I used to play TSO back in the day and I tried to play TirNua that "Clone" but I personally hated it. I would like to see some special content though. I remember TSO used to have holiday and special new years content for special events. Would be cool to see a 2017 new year ball drop in game. ;)
  20. AquilaSim

AquilaSim Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wow, I don't even understand how they can call this "a clone of TSO"... just because Luc Barthelet has developed the both games doesn't mean actually they are similar... then they are actually totally differents, that just an insult to TSO to say this...
    yoyo, Cyber Toon, zc456 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.