[ARCHIVE] Road to Live Release

Discussion in 'Development News' started by RHY3756547, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

Half Life 3 confirmed.
    LetsRaceBwoi likes this.
  2. LetsRaceBwoi

LetsRaceBwoi Well-Known Member

plane of grass confirmed*
    Cyber Toon likes this.
  3. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

Fixed a small thing with attributes (they are dynamically allocated in TS1), and begun extending the content system to allow additional objects. Here's a direct import of Slice City:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (tornados are really buggy and seem to be deleting everything)

Slice City can be found at http://www.simslice.com/freebies/samples-pg1.htm . Note that I will not be including these objects with FreeSO, mostly because their z-buffers are sins to humanity:
    [​IMG]
    Cyber Toon, Tori Sim, yoyo and 6 others like this.
  4. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

Slice City Online.
  5. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

Not bad youre alllowing sims 1 custom content support, why not also test the weather machine, that create some cool effects...
    Cyber Toon likes this.
  6. Noel

Noel Member

So what's next on our quest for the great puss of 2016? (FreeSO Schedule)
  7. RHY3756547

I'm not dead! Working non-stop on the IDE. The advanced dynamic content system is almost complete, which will let you track, revert and save any changes made using the program.

upload_2016-2-18_19-43-59.png

Also added an object type selector for Create Object Instance, Set to Next and other things that take object types as parameters:

upload_2016-2-18_20-8-19.png

Everything has been generally tied together and centralised around the main window.

I'll start running the evaluation fairly soon, as things are starting to come together. The initial tasks will likely only involve attempting to modify existing objects to do unusual functions, as new objects and graphics modification are not ready yet. These will be available some time next week. Things are going to get a little hectic from here on out so I won't be able to promise game updates for a while.
    JWofles, Cyber Toon, miceiken and 7 others like this.
  8. pisarz1958

pisarz1958 Administrator Staff Member Moderator

FINALLY~!
    RHY3756547 likes this.
  9. Noel

Noel Member

That's such great news :D I can wait for the next update. From what I'm understanding the game will begin to look a bit more like the original (I know this may not be the most elaborate of questions lol) like will there be an inventory thingy or friends list? I'm really dimwitted when it comes to this technical stuff. But that doesnt stop me from being amazed at all your hard work Rhys and company!;)
    But for someone as slow as me, what does it mean for an average player that they can soon be able to track, save and revert any changes to the programs panties?:p or is it a more programmer engineered update?
    Cyber Toon likes this.
  10. RHY3756547

The recent updates will be geared completely towards object developers, though people who are not programmers will likely be able to translate object strings, modify sprites (soon) and probably even change scripts around a little.
    AquilaSim and Noel like this.
  11. Noel

Noel Member

AH fantastic! That makes it a whole lot simpler for me, thanks again for ur reply! You're doing Gods work here!
  12. RHY3756547

upload_2016-2-19_0-26-28.png
    Exporting strings separately for translation purposes.

Now exports to a "User" folder by default, which "overwrites" the patches in the normal folder without overwriting them, if you know what I mean...
    So you can delete the ones in your User/ folder and get back to the set distributed with FreeSO. If you want the changes to be permanent you can move the files to Patch/ manually.
    zc456, AquilaSim and mallhew like this.
  13. Spencer Pepe

Spencer Pepe New Member

I'm Having some fun with the IDE and the custom objects.
    Cyber Toon and RHY3756547 like this.
  14. Andy

Andy New Member

<offtopic> SimSlice :eek: I have bought an account there to buy the weather machine and the login doesn't work :mad: </offtopic>

Great work on the IDE!
  15. RHY3756547

I'm surprised they haven't released all that stuff for free. I bought the weather machine back in the day, but it's a relic by now.
    zc456 likes this.
  16. Andy

Andy New Member

It looks like they have abandoned it some time ago. I have opened dispute on the paypal to get the money back and if they doesn't respond by this Monday, PayPal will check it out.

Probably some PayPal API has changed and their website doesn't receive logins/passwords :oops:
  17. francot514

Still missing primivities, i think those will be need for change the objects functions??

Yes, also im not able to get this download anymore..
  18. RHY3756547

are you seriously talking about free will again...
    LetsRaceBwoi likes this.
  19. francot514

Yes, dont understand why you dont like talk about it, also some other primitives like ui plugins, without that, no custom npcs, that could be most interesting to test with IDE..
  20. LetsRaceBwoi

LetsRaceBwoi Well-Known Member

Free will should be a server plugin, so that it can be modified easily and set only if the server host wants it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.