[ARCHIVE] Road to Live Release

Discussion in 'Development News' started by RHY3756547, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

Charvatia executable should be in downloadable files, or not?, also some readme instructions for setup a server will be not bad..
  2. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

Forgot to post this earlier. Latest build has object buy/sellback with budget. It also includes a ton of changes to the catalog interface, and fixes placing objects intersecting their own position.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Next up is budget for build mode. After that I need to study for exams, so you'll have to make your own fun for a few weeks!
    zero35, yoyo, Tori Sim and 5 others like this.
  3. RainCloud

RainCloud Active Member

4. RHY3756547

WIP: Wall and floor pattern cost counting:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Just need to do wall placement/removal, which might be a bit more difficult due to the way they're handled. Note that for the final system, it will need to operate using some kind of architecture queue to avoid architecture changes happening while waiting for a transaction response, changing how many wallpapers are actually placed/deleted after the transaction has been sent etc.
    Tori Sim and Dark_Kostas like this.
  5. mallhew

mallhew Member

Hey Rhys, curious if after FSO is feature-complete there will be a QA period to polish things up and identify remaining bugs before live release
  6. RHY3756547

Wasn't thinking of anything as formal as a QA period, but yes I'll be cleaning things up extensively before launching the global server. There will be a beta period with the global server where users will likely be given a large starting sum and job objects will give much higher payouts. This server's contents won't be permanent, but it'll likely be up for a few months, and the data might be released afterwards (with password hashes and other sensitive info removed). It's likely that some features (jobs, inventory, plugins) will be implemented during this beta phase.
    AquilaSim likes this.
  7. RHY3756547

Latest build makes build mode actions cost and give you back money. All UI tools will also now tell you when your action will not be performed due to lack of money.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also, a few misc UI changes, including making the query panel work for walls and floors.
    [​IMG]
  8. Remixful

Remixful Active Member

This. Great update. Made my wish come true.
    [​IMG]
  9. gotkeyz

gotkeyz New Member

Is there any info on how to make this work? Maybe a link that i'm missing :)
    Thanks
  10. Fraczek20

Fraczek20 Member

I don't think so but budget system is an important step forward in terms of gameplay. Good work :) keep it going.
  11. RHY3756547

Run Charvatia.exe. You may have to enter both your game path and the desired blueprint to use in the Charvatia.exe.config file.
  12. RHY3756547

Latest build includes a small change to input handling. We now use a more native way of getting keys, which supports all of yóúr fávóúríté áccénts, your key-repeat settings, and is not susceptible to lag.
    [​IMG]
    Functional key combos (eg. Ctrl-V) will be fixed by a new version of Monogame, which we'll be switching to when it's more complete.

This is the last build for about 3 weeks! In this time I have to study and do 8 exams. I hear they're doing interesting things over at freeso.ddns.net... might want to go there to pass the time. :)
    zero35, frankie, yoyo and 6 others like this.
  13. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

Good work with this and good luck in the exams..
  14. Tori Sim

Tori Sim Active Member

Is there any way to "save" the Simoleons that we make at this point or no? Just wondering :D
  15. gotkeyz

gotkeyz New Member

Thanks rhy, I will try that and best of luck on the exams :)
  16. gotkeyz

gotkeyz New Member

Rock on that worked... had to change FirstHouse.xml to House_00
  17. Tori Sim

Tori Sim Active Member

Asking again :p
    Is there any way to "save" the Simoleons that we make at this point or no? Just wondering :D
  18. RHY3756547

19. Driesje44

Driesje44 Active Member

FreeSO folder =TSOclient yes? I recieve this with a 'Charvatia has stopped working' message
    [​IMG]
    Can't find the following files: Cravatia.Program.Init(), Charvatia.Program.Main(String[] args)
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  20. RHY3756547

The folder with FreeSO in it. FreeSO.exe and all associated DLL files.
    In Charvatia.exe.config, change GamePath to your game's directory. Change "TestLot" to the blueprint you want to use.
    frankie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.