[ARCHIVE] Road to Live Release

Discussion in 'Development News' started by RHY3756547, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

They're the car portals. They're not being placed at the correct roads yet.
  2. RHY3756547

Engine now supports drawing "subworlds", which represent adjacent lots. These are not simulated and only generate their sprite lists once, so they're quite cheap on gfx cards with reasonable fill rates. (at least these empty lots are)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    upload_2016-7-6_22-37-24.png
  3. Alessandro Needs A Server

Alessandro Needs A Server Well-Known Member

Omg i couldn't wait to see it on a vid. I love it. As always, amazing job rhys.
  4. RHY3756547

[​IMG]
    You can now be a bad neighbour in FreeSO. (hollow lots have a few issues right now, specifically slots and windows)
    yoyo, miceiken, Matthy and 12 others like this.
  5. xXJDrocks450Xx

xXJDrocks450Xx Well-Known Member

This looks very professional, then again, that's just business as usual at this point isn't it? :p
    zc456 and Tori Sim like this.
  6. RHY3756547

When did anything need to be professional? ;)
  7. Alessandro Needs A Server

Alessandro Needs A Server Well-Known Member

You will re-layout the roads on the city rhys? Seems an hard work:eek:
  8. Driesje44

Driesje44 Active Member

That's friggin awesome! :eek: It kinda looks like a Sims 2 hood now :eek:
  9. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

Really interesting addition to the engine, would be cool to see it when some houses are built and running at time. Also will be cool see house thumbnails at this point.
  10. Andy

Andy New Member

Those gray backgrounds around lots in TS1 and TSO are the only thing I really disliked in them, thanks for fixing it <3
  11. xXJDrocks450Xx

xXJDrocks450Xx Well-Known Member

Are you going to make it so the camera has a boundary right before the edge of the neighboring lots so the grey area isn't visible? (Hope that makes sense :p )
  12. RHY3756547

13. mini_cooper4

mini_cooper4 Member

It was the only thing I would change about the original game.
    It is simply perfect now! Brilliant!
  14. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

This is something I've wanted from TSO even before I knew it was thing.
  15. dennusz1995

dennusz1995 Active Member

but wait.... you start (if you bought it) with a 12x12 lot right? and later you can expand it blabla... how will that look then?
  16. RHY3756547

Your lot still has the full 64x64 non-road space, it's just "out of bounds". It will be populated by trees etc but you will not be able to move them.
  17. Blayer98

Blayer98 Active Member

So how will the Lot Size Management work with this?
  18. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Active Member

Most likely just the way it did in TSO. The lot starts as 12x12 and is moved towards the "front" of the property (i.e is aligned so that there's no space between the road and the lot boundary), and when you earn money you can choose to expand the lot size via the Property Mode.

Although given that not every lot will have roads now, it may cause some issues, especially with areas where the front has no road but other wise of the lot has roads.
    Blayer98 likes this.
  19. RHY3756547

Yep, small problem with the "front" direction. Lots will have to autorotate to the desired front, or be rotatable from house controls.
    dennusz1995 likes this.
  20. Christopher

Christopher Member

Would these cement roads be placed all around the world-map then? This seems exhaustive, what if there were road grids around the map as you've displayed, but if you were to purchase a lot *not* adjacent to a cement road, there would be a dirt road at the property edge, that wouldn't appear in the map view? Thinking out loud!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.