[ARCHIVE] SimAntics & World Development

Discussion in 'Development News' started by RHY3756547, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

OK, sounds now work fantastically and sound like they do from the original game (sounds pan based on their position, quieter the further they are away from the center). Most sounds play, but some still do nothing. I'll need to look into that, and more specifically look into how object variables like creativity skill etc are accessed.

Tomorrow I'm probably going to work on an fsc player so that we can get the ambience working (should liven things up a bit ;) )
    RainCloud likes this.
  2. Afr0

Afr0 Well-Known Member

Oooh, is that format documented on the wiki?
  3. RHY3756547

Well, no, but it's easy enough.
  4. RHY3756547

Okay, uh, might need a bit of tweaking... It sounds like the loudest wind ever, there are 500 birds and there's a dog fight going on. (default lot ambience)
  5. Marvin732

Marvin732 Active Member

xD
  6. RHY3756547

Ok, that stuff is mostly working... outdoor_lp.xa is making my right ear hemorrhage though. I'll post a video once I fix stereo xa decoding.
  7. RainCloud

RainCloud Active Member

Lmao ... I like the thunder storms and the wolves howling .... just saying :)
  8. RHY3756547

Turns out someone put "left" instead of "right" in one of the assignments... Anyways, here's all that stuff working + more!
    Alga, Tirea and RainCloud like this.
  9. Dark_Kostas

Dark_Kostas Member

Progress is just epic. I liked the transition in the end with the fire from left to right. It's just amazing how far project has gone and so fast.
  10. RainCloud

RainCloud Active Member

Rhy, your amazing ... this is awesome ... even though it sounds like you live next to the freeway! :p
  11. cnnoi33

cnnoi33 New Member

damn someone calm the dogs
  12. Fatbag

Fatbag Member

FSC is kinda documented on the wiki in the sense that all the field names are there, but it's up to you how you want to interpret the field names.

Code:
    version 7
    # vol pri min max rows cols tempo BPB SelX SelY QuanX QuanY DifX DifY
    # vol rand? LR FB rand? fin fout dly rand? loop loop? quant prob pitchL pitchH fast? groupID stereo? filename exclusion cells
  13. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

Big great news see that sounds working...
  14. aidancheddar

aidancheddar Active Member

Epic job! Love the sounds the Sim makes putting out the fire.
  15. Fatbag

Fatbag Member

I think at this point, adding a plumbob above the active sim should not be that difficult. Edit: Oh yeah, there is no plumbob in The Sims Online (without -NoNetwork). :p
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    Marvin732, RainCloud and aidancheddar like this.
  16. Marvin732

Marvin732 Active Member

That Hurts xD (not at me)
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  17. Alga

Alga Member

Sweet to see some progress ! :)
    Although it's some bugs that need to be work on but still awesome job so far!! :)
    Is it hard to fix those bugs or is it piece of cake to fix these things? ;)
    Nice to see a gameplay video on the progress! I might change my mind and my hopes will get back on this ;)
    Another question, do you ever think you and your team could make TSO as it were before?

Cheers! :D
  18. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

Please commit this latest progress data, will be really interesting to test that stuff...
    Marvin732 likes this.
  19. Marvin732

Marvin732 Active Member

Who Moderator Modified my post? i have changed it back

Yes maybe it can
  20. RHY3756547

Looked like Afr0 was trying to remove the accidental re-embed of the video, and accidentally put your comment inside the quote.

Hey Alga, welcome to the forums! The glaring bugs right now are the sliding during animations, and incorrect routing slots. The animations will require some investigation, since they are a legitimate bug, however the routing positioning will just require correct implementation of routing slots. Once those are set up, most objects will function correctly and we can work on the walking engine.

All of this is commited and in the repo. Now is probably a good time to update the release versions, Afr0.
    RainCloud and Marvin732 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.