[ARCHIVE] SimAntics & World Development

Discussion in 'Development News' started by RHY3756547, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afr0

Afr0 Well-Known Member

Actually, I stopped earning money on merch a long time ago, because people stopped buying.
    If people wanna donate money they can do so on Afr0games.com by clicking on the button. Actually we received a very generous donation right before Christmas, so I haven't had to pay, but I'll have to start paying next month.
    Tori Sim and LetsRaceBwoi like this.
  2. xXJDrocks450Xx

xXJDrocks450Xx Well-Known Member

@Afr0 Am I supposed to be able to get into the cityserver right now? Because it keeps getting stuck at 50% while loading.
  3. Blayer98

Blayer98 Active Member

that glitch has been fixed I think. Afr0 still hasn't put out a patch to fix it for the actual client yet.
    xXJDrocks450Xx likes this.
  4. Cyber Toon

Cyber Toon Member

He has a fix for that!?
  5. BorderKontrol

BorderKontrol Member

In honor of all the progress made I will vape 1 ml of pizza ejuice and translate like a motherfucker

*cough*
  6. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

@Afr0, what happen when you buy a house, right now?? there are code for save sim current lot and money in server stil???
  7. yoyo

yoyo Active Member

Honestly I don't mind if the 50% login problem isn't fixed right away. I mean at this point, the only thing I could do is log in with my character and fly around city view and maybe message somebody. I wouldn't mind waiting till more progress was made with simantics and we can actually start entering lots with our sims.
    Blayer98 likes this.
  8. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

Refactored wall and floor content system. Memory usage is now much lower, and I've started generating thumbnail images:
    upload_2015-7-22_23-10-4.png
    upload_2015-7-22_23-19-12.png

Still need to make it slam catalog images into space when their use expires (.Dispose). Lack of doing this is causing crashes on my hardware, or at least is what seems to be causing crashes. It's probably all monogame's fault. It's still safer to dispose everything where possible.

Still need to make the Wall/Floor/Object content occasionally do Garbage Collection so that browsing through the catalog doesn't flood your memory. Next up though is actual catalog info for walls/floors, with prices, names, descriptions and thumbnails. Then it's adding validity checks to walls, then 2nd floor support logic.

If anyone knows where the "transparent air tile that you can place floor tiles on" graphic is, please tell me!
    TRS, xXJDrocks450Xx, yoyo and 4 others like this.
  9. Tori Sim

Tori Sim Active Member

I am on the website, but I do not see the "button" ...

EDIT
    Nevermind I see the Flattr button ^_^
  10. RHY3756547

New build being pushed tonight with multifloor and revised wall/floor content. Should have thumbnails and prices at this point, sorted by price from lowest to highest!

Remember that you can break a lot of rules right now! You can do things that are not physically possible in the normal game... such as place objects, walls and floors in mid air, supported by nothing. Here's some proof:
    upload_2015-7-23_2-27-53.png
    Next I'll be focusing on drawing the querypanel with wallpaper/floor names and descriptions, then buildmode's multifloor support logic.

The build also has up to 5 floors enabled, so have fun! Stairs should work fine apart from bugged animations, but I think elevators are broken on the way back down.
    Tori Sim and DukeLukum like this.
  11. RHY3756547

12. DukeLukum

DukeLukum Member

13. RHY3756547

Tori Sim and DukeLukum like this.
  14. DukeLukum

DukeLukum Member

15. Afr0

Afr0 Well-Known Member

My code should be in the daily build(s). This is a very hard bug to fix because it only occurs irregularily. However, the last time this occured to me the client froze, which I took as mmeaning "I received packet from server about an error, and I'm now trying to reconnect". I think it launched a new thread when doing that and the drawing thread didn't like it or something.
  16. -BloodFighter-

-BloodFighter- Active Member

Is it actually possible to add the pipette feature from the Sims 2 to copy objects, floors or walls by just clicking on the item you want to copy? I am asking because then it would be easier to copy objects, since else you would have to check every item until you found the one you wanted to copy in the build mode.[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    LetsRaceBwoi likes this.
  17. pisarz1958

pisarz1958 Administrator Staff Member Moderator

It's funny how you can shift+lpm the floor on the fifth level xD
    [​IMG]

I wonder if you could do something like a "MOMI HQ Corporate Job Lot" with 1st floor as a cool lobby with fountains and stuff, maybe a reception kinda thing next to that "lift room", 2-4 - cubicles, cubicles, cubicles and 5 - observation/relaxation lounge with conference rooms and awesome view.
    [​IMG]
    I tried, but I found a cool way to crash the game as well - place the lift on the fifth floor by mistake. :D
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    LetsRaceBwoi likes this.
  18. DukeLukum

DukeLukum Member

Or add the shift feature where if you keep hold of it whilst the object is still in hand, It places more than one.

A undo/redo feature would be good as well :D
    Tori Sim likes this.
  19. Blayer98

Blayer98 Active Member

the Shift key works like it does in PD.

And when I checked the "How They Got Game" EA-Land archive, I found a video which goes through A LOAD of the game's functions, Build Modce included, and unfortunately, Build Mode doesn't have an Undo/Redo feature, it probably got dummied out because it would have been too complex to add such things in the game, because no PDU was sent/received by the server, therefore the Undo/Redo feature can't tell what object you placed down and doesn't even know what order you placed them in... This and the fact that god knows how many packets would have to be sent to delete a room you made with the Shift key would overload the client.
    Here's the image of Build Mode in EA-Land.
    upload_2015-7-23_14-52-20.png
    Tori Sim likes this.
  20. Tori Sim

Tori Sim Active Member

Attached Files:

LetsRaceBwoi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.