[ARCHIVE] SimAntics & World Development

Discussion in 'Development News' started by RHY3756547, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DukeLukum

DukeLukum Member

Yes very true, Sounds like a good idea :)
  2. Cyber Toon

Cyber Toon Member

I get this a lot in both master and buildmode branches:
    [​IMG]

If I ignore it, and leave it there open, then I can continue to play the game. If I press OK or close it, the game crashes. (stops responding) I get it at one point or another at least 90% of the time.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  3. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

This is a problem with the latest version of Monogame. It's not causing any severe problems until you click OK, so you should just ignore it for now. The problem is that I'll need to include the entire Monogame source to debug it - the problem is that it's failing to capture the graphics context when garbage collecting textures. Which textures and in what specific cases it happens will remain a mystery until I debug it.

What I am interested in though, is if certain people never get this error message, and which ones do. Are you running the game on a laptop with switchable graphics?
    yoyo likes this.
  4. Cyber Toon

Cyber Toon Member

I am running on an acer laptop with 4GB ram, quad core intelĀ® up to 2.58GHz, and intelĀ® HD graphics
  5. DukeLukum

DukeLukum Member

I don't get this error message, Strange.....
  6. Marvin732

Marvin732 Active Member

Me too :/
  7. RHY3756547

New build out. Here's a summary of changes:

• Walls and floors cannot be placed/changed if they violate any object rules by doing so.
    • Added support physics. Closed rooms and columns support the floor above them. You can't build on unsupported ground.
    • Object ground rules, eg. must be on air, can't be on terrain, can't be on pool (prep)...
    • Fixed Sim interactions. You can now click on sims, even move them in buy mode. (NOTE: DO NOT MOVE SIMS IN BUY MODE)
    • Fixed various objects causing the sim to face in an incorrect direction when trying to use them. (cooking job object, dollhouse, stairs)
    NOTE: you still need to manually place the stairs in the job lot provided. The blueprint has an unusual position for them.
    Download here: http://52.18.99.73/repository/download/ProjectDollhouse_TsoClient/87:id/dist-34.zip
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    zc456, Marvin732 and DukeLukum like this.
  8. Vlad

Vlad New Member

There's probably a lot of Bob on Bob kissing action happening right now lol
    DukeLukum, yoyo, Blayer98 and 6 others like this.
  9. xXJDrocks450Xx

xXJDrocks450Xx Well-Known Member

Hmm... My curiosity is peaked. :)
    zc456 likes this.
  10. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

I got this error when placing an elevator. Intel HD 4400.
  11. xXJDrocks450Xx

Going back to the first couple of pages, its insane seeing how much progress Simantics, and PD in general has made! Also just this week there has been so much stuff happening, I think we've filled 8 pages on this forum so far.:D

EDIT: Also, 1311th comment anniversary.
  12. yoyo

yoyo Active Member

Is there anyway to turn the ambient sounds off? also clicking on the ground doesnt give me a weird debug menu now :)
    xXJDrocks450Xx likes this.
  13. xXJDrocks450Xx

Haha, yeah when I'm building a house I hear silverware going: (Ding, ding, ding, dong... *Clanging of plates* then, silverware again going: Ding, ding, ding, dong... over and over.)
    yoyo likes this.
  14. LetsRaceBwoi

LetsRaceBwoi Well-Known Member

I have never had this error.
  15. LetsRaceBwoi

LetsRaceBwoi Well-Known Member

Rhys, did you change anything like Tuning.cs, Program.cs, and the other files found in this screenshot?
    upload_2015-7-24_7-20-10.png
    I'm getting invalid path errors :(
  16. pisarz1958

pisarz1958 Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Happens to me once in a while when browsing the catalog (i7 3632qm, 8GB RAM, gt635m).

[​IMG]
    Found a glitch!

[​IMG]
    Is it supposed to behave like this? This way you can't duplicate the walls from lower level unless you start breaking physics/placing a floor over there.
  17. Blayer98

Blayer98 Active Member

With that image, I think the squares still show in TS1, regardless if it's a diagonal space.
  18. Blayer98

Blayer98 Active Member

I also sometimes get this error, and yeah, I also run on a Laptop. (Not literally.... :p)
    Untitled.png
  19. RHY3756547

People who get the error: are you all on laptop hardware?
    Room logic is a little bit iffy for diagonals. I'll need to see how I can fix that. What's with the diagonal that hasn't cut away? Rotation glitch?
    This hasn't changed at all.
  20. pisarz1958

pisarz1958 Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I surely am.

It's broken regardless of the rotation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.