Australian Based Branch :)

Discussion in 'Contribute' started by Alexander, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Alexander

Alexander New Member

Hello all,
    My name is Alexander and i have been following the idea of a revival for a very long time, ever since the transition into EA Land.
    I come from a Programming background and i have decided to start an Australian Based Community to run play tests and to gather more programmers like my self to work on the project.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/625847980890470/ Is the facebook page i have created.

I also come from a Server Administration background so when this game progresses into the very playable MMO i am more than happy to run a server 24/7 like i have for some of the other game i play with friends.
  2. LetsRaceBwoi

LetsRaceBwoi Well-Known Member

This is a good idea. People connecting to servers outside of Australia - particularly servers in the EU or in the US - will experience major latency. I connected to the Australian server in Blacklight once and my ping - normally under 50ms - shot up to, something like 300ms, which is unplayable. In TSO, however, latency is not really going to hurt many people since it's much more relaxed, but anything over 1000ms will probably annoy you - you click on an object, wait 1 second, pie menu pops up, wait 1 second, etc. for example. I'm not sure if I've described it right but in short this is a great idea.
  3. Alexander

Alexander New Member

I completely understand where you are coming from. The only thing is i am having a bit of trouble setting up the server. Where do i get the server hosting client from. FSO is already set up and i can play on my own but no one can connect.
  4. Alexander

Alexander New Member

I assumed it was not peer to peer and an actual server hosting client would be needed.
  5. Alexander

Alexander New Member

@LetsRaceBwoi Also every time i try connect to my Lot from another computer i just get this error.

Attached Files:

6. LetsRaceBwoi

It isn't P2P. One person hosts, other people join.
  7. Alexander

Alexander New Member

Everything has been Sorted Now :)

Attached Files:

8. LetsRaceBwoi

Good :) Nice to see you're enjoying the game.
  9. mattnotley2004

mattnotley2004 New Member

I'm based in AU, and was an avid player of TSO since 2004 until the final days. Happy to play test if you have a server up.
    xXJDrocks450Xx likes this.