EA-Land (TSOClientDX9.exe) works on Wine!

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by aidancheddar, Oct 16, 2014.

1. aidancheddar

aidancheddar Active Member

2. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

Good work for testing it, youre able to debug lot?? Is there any other thing you needed to install on linux??
  3. aidancheddar

Is it possible to get to a debug lot in EA-Land?
  4. Fatbag

Fatbag Member

-NoNetwork does not work in New & Improved and up, because on those versions, the game simply hangs on the loading screen if you pass -NoNetwork. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to figure out what's causing that and produce a binary patch to fix it.

It works in all other versions of TSO though.
    aidancheddar likes this.
  5. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

It might be as simple as a flag that if not set locks the game to prevent normal people from using the -NoNetwork mode. Can't really tell until you try, tho.
  6. francot514

I have done it, as i showed in the other post, but dont know if will work in the wine application...

What are you talking about???
  7. Fatbag

Fatbag Member

francot514: So by "Is it possible to get to a debug lot in EA-Land?", what you meant was "Is it possible to get to a debug lot in Project Dollhouse with EA-Land?"

I haven't tried it yet, but I don't have Project Dollhouse on my laptop yet, so somebody else can probably try.

-NoNetwork is a flag that you can pass to TSO that will cause it to immediately enter the default house (userdata/defaulthouse.dat in Pre-Alpha, possibly hard-coded into the game in the other versions of TSO) instead of showing you the login screen. However, the simulator will be paused unless you patch the game. (I made a patch for Pre-Alpha and Play Test to run the simulator.) You can see more info here:
    http://forum.afr0games.com/index.php?threads/pre-alpha-hype-thread.246/
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  8. francot514

Yes, that is what i have done...

Do you have pre alpha version??? It allows to build/buy mode testing??? Will great if you can share it...
  9. aidancheddar

... And? XD
  10. francot514

I just answered his question, is possible to do it, what im interested right now is seeing how the pre alpha version works for the build/buy mode...
  11. aidancheddar

I know that. My question is, how did you do it?
  12. francot514

Dont know if works for wine or linux, but for windows i downloaded ealand client, the changed his foldername to tso, and after placed all the libraries and files necesaries to run pd into that folder...