First message received

Discussion in 'Development News' started by Afr0, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Afr0

Afr0 Well-Known Member

Today I received the first message from mysef, ever!
    [​IMG]

The chat system is, in other words, coming along nicely. There are a few things I want to try to fix before releasing an update though:

• Character selection is borked. If you have more than one character, it seems like the client isn't logging in with the one you actually selected. I think there might also be an issue with the way the city server is handling users in a session. These are pretty important things to fix.
    • I want to try to make sure that when a message is a received from a player that already received a message, it will show up in the corresponding window (or open a new one containing the conversation history).
  2. SoraTSO

SoraTSO Active Member

Great update! I hope the new update will be able to fix the problems I have been having :)
  3. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

Very cool - nice work!
  4. Afr0

Afr0 Well-Known Member

Thanks! :)
  5. aidancheddar

aidancheddar Active Member

Awesome progress. :D
  6. Remixful

Remixful Active Member

Nice, I hope to see some screenshots of the chat system as well soon!
    :p Keep up with the great work.
  7. nicefunfungirl

nicefunfungirl Active Member

This....Is....Not too awesome at all....................BUT EPIC!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  8. Ben

Ben Member

Wow that looks cool! Will be really fun when we can start to try it out too 8)
  9. BorderKontrol

BorderKontrol Member

Britty gud, 9/11 -IGN
    Clonest likes this.
  10. Afr0

Afr0 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Working away on chat system!
    I added a broadcasting message type for testing purposes, but we might need it later on.
    Anyway, everything seems to work as it's supposed to now, except the PLAYER_JOINED packets only seem to be received once per city server restart. I need to figure out what that's all about o_O
    RainCloud and aidancheddar like this.
  11. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

Very nice! The next step after this is obviously to use the interface in the ingame messaging UI. :)
    aidancheddar and Afr0 like this.
  12. aidancheddar

aidancheddar Active Member

Awesome job, Afr0!
  13. RainCloud

RainCloud Active Member

W00T!! Awesome!
    Clonest likes this.
  14. pisarz1958

pisarz1958 Administrator Staff Member Moderator

That's impressive~! ^^
  15. Afr0

Afr0 Well-Known Member

So I have multiple message passing and reply mostly working in the client, except when replying every message seems to get a new window for some reason.
    Once I've fixed that I need to make sure that multiple clients can't log on with the same account before releasing a new version.
  16. nicefunfungirl

nicefunfungirl Active Member

This is fantastic
  17. Afr0

Afr0 Well-Known Member

Everything is ready now, but I won't be releasing the client for probably a couple if days at least, because I need to work on server stability.
    Ideally both servers should stay online no matter what - I could reroute all exceptions to the log, but exceptions (Thank God!) aren't such a big issue anymore. Now it's mostly a case of not making the login server kick the city server.
    RainCloud likes this.
  18. BorderKontrol

BorderKontrol Member