FreeSO is now MyLand! [April Fools 2017, get off my land]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RHY3756547, Apr 1, 2017.

1. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

upload_2017-4-1_2-1-20.png

Hello, fellow MyLanders.

As you may have noticed, FreeSO is no longer developed by the tyrannical Rhys and his cronies, but instead me, his fantastic fursona Jimboab Mobber Dallas "Thomas Edison" Montana. Well known for my amazing achievments, such as being an e-sports champion, gold medal winning olympic diver, and definitive master of using the Find/Replace In Files feature in visual studio, you can be assured that the game is in good hands. It is also called MyLand, because it is obviously MY code since I forked it, and because land goes good after any word really.

Here are our immediate changes to the game:

- Change the awful freeso setup png to our new MyLand one.
    - Enable fire, so that we can burn out all of your hopes and dreams.
    - Add voice chat, for a more immersive sims experience.
    - Change all occurances of the word "Sim" in strings to "MyLander"
    - Delete Jams.
    - Wiped the server. 3 times. For good measure.
    - Added toddlers to the game to catch up with The Sims 4
    - Renderer now works in 4D
    - Various one line code changes throughout the whole code base to affirm that everything is now MINE BACK OFF
    - Multiaccounting is now allowed, so long as you only use it for burning 24 sims at once using rugs.
    - (note: sims with 1% body fat or holding Intel Centrino laptops are immune to fire, and in fact, any bodily harm whatsoever.)

I hope you enjoy our new changes, and all changes to come! Just after I find out how to build the game...

Jimboab Mobber Dallas "Thomas Edison" Montana.

(note, MyLanders has no association with SkyLanders whatsoever)
  2. die2luvme

die2luvme New Member

uhhmm...NM...either way!!!! sounds good to me!! Really love the enabling of "fire". ;)
  3. Bruno Cajado

Bruno Cajado New Member

April fools alredy? Lol o_O
  4. LlamaFace

LlamaFace New Member

Damn you got me good! I thought we had a hacker among us! lmao
  5. Alonzo

Alonzo Member

Please keep the voice-chat on/off forever.. That was too fun!
  6. Anaelle

Anaelle New Member

Oh my god it was so well made i really though i had a virus or something like that ! I forgot april fools existed haha damn well done guys :p
  7. Vimpsee

Vimpsee New Member

This was such a good april fools joke. circumflex accent circumflex accent circumflex accent
  8. pisarz1958

pisarz1958 Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Best game since xTSO, 10/10
  9. RHY3756547

Hello MyLanders.

We have discovered that we cannot develop the game if we do not know how to build or run the code. More specifically, JSON is way too complicated for a plaintext configuration file, and is obviously deeply flawed because we cannot understand basic key/value pairs. Circumventing this by hardcoding our database password into the code surprisingly did not work and got us triple hacked. The server has now been wiped 6 times. In addition, we totally meant for this to happen. We live to serve you.

Additionally, we are surprised people do not want to hear all message with Text To Speech including users they have blocked. Being an avid member of the Second Life community, where fantastic and perfectly normal voice chats are always celebrated, I am stunned that you wouldn't like to hear all speech articulated by very sensual robotic voices. HO. HO. HO.

However, what we can do is host one final great fantastic party on Creative Survival Island. The party will feature many comfortable flowery rugs, and thanks to MY CODE, the lot will be able to host 128 users. Please look forward to it, and do not be shy about standing on the rugs.

That is: Creative Survival Island, at 23:30 BST. We'll be turning up the heat shortly after.
    Alonzo, Raeven and Simhrique0990 like this.
  10. Ninoasker

Ninoasker New Member

Will TTS stay? Please leave it, it is so much fun and its actually easier to keep track of chats this way. If you guys can implement it as an option you can deactivate if you want I'd be pretty happy lol/
  11. Raeven

Raeven Active Member

Please please PLEASE close the lot immediately after shortly after this creating the bestest lot thumbnail in sunrise crater. I promise I will give you a cookie if I ever skill my charisma up and if I feel like it.
  12. Abby Katz

Abby Katz New Member

Is that voice thing permanent? If so it's a deal breaker. I *hate* it. Every ten year old is in my house spamming chat. Grrr
  13. LlamaFace

LlamaFace New Member

I actually found the voice to be very enjoyable and made the game a lot more fun. Not sure how fun it would be in the long run (thinking about the potential of people trolling) if you decided to keep it but I'll miss it.
  14. RHY3756547

FreeSO has been restored to normal. Fire has been disabled, but for how long? The code. Is right there. Just try to go to sleep.
  15. Abby Katz

Abby Katz New Member

You should have called it "CryLand"... worst. update. EVER. I hope you guys have a system in place to deal with all of the idiots that this update has attracted, with their filthy, juvenile language and crashing group money objects. I'm not impressed.
  16. Ostrea

Ostrea New Member

Is there supposed to be an update that gets rid of the TTS? I assume that still having the MyLand logo pop up means that the client still thinks it's supposed to read every obscene string of abuse anyone wants to spew out. I'd kind of like to be able to turn my sound back on.
  17. lemarah

lemarah New Member

Same. Maybe an option to turn it on or off. Some things said were way funnier. Sometimes it was annoying, a love-hate thing.
  18. RHY3756547

I agree, CryLand would be an accurate way to describe your current reaction.
    Alonzo, Blayer98 and pisarz1958 like this.
  19. zero35

zero35 Active Member

i think Mcdonald is a better name
  20. Alonzo

Alonzo Member

No, Mcdonalds.