FreeSO: New Heavy CAS UI makeover!

Discussion in 'Contribute' started by Alessandro Needs A Server, Jul 16, 2016.

?

Reaction:

Poll closed Jul 31, 2016.
  1. Super cool!

25.0%
  2. Cool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Fine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Not at all..

75.0%
  1. Alessandro Needs A Server

Alessandro Needs A Server Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!I felt inspired and i made a new cas screen that would be cute, super inspired by sims 4 that's clear.
    Hope you like it :):)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  2. JWofles

JWofles Active Member

It's nicely done but I really don't think that fits well. It would be a pain to use since you'd have to scroll through even more pages of heads and also the UI is bigger than the sim preview itself. And also, the sims 4 UI works in sims 4 since in that you drag and pull on their face and body but here.. it just doesn't feel right. The the UI is in freeso/tso right now is good but if it would go through a UI change, I'd say keep it in the original format just upgrade the looks of it.
    Tirea likes this.
  3. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

I agree. I think you've went way too form over function here - the random rotated "sim name" button with a ton of blank space is the worst example of it. Designing UIs from scratch is a lot more difficult than reskinning existing ones, which is why your reskin of the old layout looks considerably better.
  4. Alessandro Needs A Server

Alessandro Needs A Server Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree, it's the result of a sleepy alessandro during the yesterday night, the Sim name button looks horrible, my city view make over is way better