FreeSO Official Blender Sprite Exporter (v1.1)

Discussion in 'Contribute' started by RHY3756547, Oct 8, 2016.

1. simsfreak

simsfreak Active Member

GOT IT
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  2. Mixa97sr

Mixa97sr Member

Is this still working? I'd love to make things for the game! Especially because blender is my 3D soul tool.
  3. Alessandro Needs A Server

Alessandro Needs A Server Well-Known Member

Of course it works
  4. Mixa97sr

Mixa97sr Member

5. Raeven

Raeven Active Member

@Mixa97sr
    IN Discord's bug-report (which is for reports about freeso only), you ask
    • You have to make sure it is properly positioned on the tile
    • You have to make sure it is not larger than the tile
    • If you need for it to be larger than the tile for some reason you need to uncheck clip to cage (single tile objects only)
    See page 2 of this thread
  6. Mixa97sr

Mixa97sr Member

One more question, I tried downolading the multitile script, but it only lead me to the html page with script written out. When I copy it and save it as .py file it does not do anything. It does not count as importable script.
  7. Raeven

Raeven Active Member

Try right-clicking the link and Save As
  8. -BloodFighter-

-BloodFighter- Active Member

download links are dead
  9. Raeven

Raeven Active Member

I am trying to add a flickering fire to an object and I am running into some trouble.
    The plugin uses a four frame animations to jump from camera to camera getting the 4 renders from the 4 proper angles.
    Generating fire is also an animation.

Unlike the cloth simulator, I can't seem to "freeze" the fire at a single frame (creating a stationary fire-shaped object that I could use while the plugin runs).

Is there a way for making them both work together? Or do any/all animated objects need to be set up manually for each frame?
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  10. Alan

Alan New Member

Can we get new download links up please?
  11. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

12. Raeven

Raeven Active Member

I know that the lighting in the template is a quick set up and so not exact but it could be used a a rough guide or starting point for positioning lights, but this was created before FSO lighting. Which seems to create some shadows on the objects so will softening the lights/shadows in the .blend result in better looking objects now?
    Are there any other changes we should consider to our lighting set ups?