FreeSO On Linux Natively

Discussion in 'Support' started by dotequals, Feb 12, 2018.

  1. dotequals

    dotequals Member

    New instructions have been added that use our new TSO download source and simplify some other parts. As always, let us know if you run into any issues.
  2. nalina

    nalina New Member

    While I know this is very niche, I've got FreeSO running on FreeBSD following dotequal's running on Linux guide. If their method is ever integrated into a formal way such as in a package manager or part of FreeSO, it could be made to support FreeBSD as well fairly easily.

    https://gitlab.com/rendeko/freebsd-freeso
    dotequals likes this.
  3. dotequals

    dotequals Member

    Always cool to have more guides for more desktop platforms! If you want to simplify your guide a bit you can remove all of the stuff about the version patcher as the client will do that automatically if it detects it needs to. You can also get a faster FreeSO download from the GitHub releases which shouldn't require a client update the first time you log in.

    I've been meaning to update the guide a little.
  4. Democrab

    Democrab New Member

    Hi, I've followed this guide on Manjaro and come up to a problem when patching the TSO files, whenever it goes to patch DBAppServiceClientD.dll, it errors out and I can't figure out how to get past this:

    Code:
    [democrab@demos-pc TSO]$ mono TSOVersionPatcherF.exe 1239toNI.tsop /mnt/WDBlack/Games/FreeSO/Game/game/
    Loading Patch 1239toNI.tsop...
    Loaded! Applying Patches...
    Patching Uninstall.exe...
    Patching TSOClient/DBAppServiceClientD.dll...
    An error occurred!
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
      at deltaq.BsPatch.ApplyInternal (System.Int64 newSize, System.IO.Stream input, System.IO.Stream ctrl, System.IO.Stream diff, System.IO.Stream extra, System.IO.Stream output) [0x000bc] in <f941fe863c62424bbec73260725fac38>:0
      at deltaq.BsPatch.Apply (System.Byte[] input, System.Byte[] diff, System.IO.Stream output) [0x00028] in <f941fe863c62424bbec73260725fac38>:0
      at TSOVersionPatcher.PatchApplier.Apply (System.String source, System.String dest) [0x0015d] in <0e465714010f496b8571e1fdb16f7b13>:0
      at TSOVersionPatcher.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00131] in <0e465714010f496b8571e1fdb16f7b13>:0 
    I did have to get the download from an alternative source; the fileplanet archive link is down now but the FreeSO Launcher's github page allowed me to figure out where it changed it's DL location from, but I didn't think this would mess with things too badly given that it's the same source the Windows version uses? It also doesn't run the game if I try to run it from freeso.command, I just get a core dump.

    Edit: I managed to get it installed via updating the lutris install script, however now I get a problem where it simply crashes with a segmentation fault whenever I start it:

    Code:
    lutris-wrapper: FreeSO
    Running /mnt/WDBlack/Games/FreeSO/freeso.command
    Initial process has started with pid 41803
    Game is considered started.
    ATTENTION: default value of option mesa_glthread overridden by environment.
    /mnt/WDBlack/Games/FreeSO/freeso3d.command: line 16: 41805 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) mono FreeSO.exe
    Game is considered exited.
    Initial process has exited.
    All children have exited.
    Exit with returncode 35584
    Okay, last edit. Got it working in the end. Not quite sure how, only things I've done is rolled back drivers after an update kept crashing KDE.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  5. AlekseiChernyshov

    AlekseiChernyshov New Member

Share This Page