FSO-Playtesting Server, We're Back!

Discussion in 'Play-Tests' started by xXJDrocks450Xx, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noeltarifi

Noeltarifi Member

okay i know this sound crazy but i am not computer savy like you guys. i managed to download the game, the tso as well as the rest, how do, i play online with everyone, step by step please.
  2. FreeTime

FreeTime New Member

Read this topic at first : http://forum.freeso.org/threads/how-to-join-a-server-and-install-freeso.676/
    Then, after downloading and installation - you should create your own server or just wait when somebody open it.
  3. Noeltarifi

Noeltarifi Member

ive read it plenty of times, and have done it, for some reason it isnt working and i cant download packing slips
  4. FreeTime

FreeTime New Member

Please describe your issue in detail. At what point you have a problem?
    If you have problems while installing FreeSO or while joining a server? Show me the exact point of this topic http://forum.freeso.org/threads/how-to-join-a-server-and-install-freeso.676/
  5. daleylife

daleylife Member

@Noeltarifi I hope FreeTime can assist you in getting the game working!

As to the recent discussion about how to notify players about server openings, I say we use Twitter unless another, better alternative comes along.
  6. AquilaSim

AquilaSim Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Oh you can't do anything for her actually... we have already found the cause of her problem I and Rhys... her PC is lagging too much then double click isn't even registering by the game when she try to enter in a lot.
  7. LetsRaceBwoi

LetsRaceBwoi Well-Known Member

Have you and Rhys tried using my minimal settings xml?
  8. AquilaSim

AquilaSim Administrator Staff Member Moderator

No and not sure that would change anything to problem anyways...
  9. LetsRaceBwoi

er what?
    if her PC is lagging, she should use lower settings.
  10. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

I didn't try anything, and your minimal settings xml isn't anything special.
  11. LetsRaceBwoi

Of course it's nothing special, it's only intended to reduce the resolution, turn off shadows etc. kinda like one of those .ini tweaks you see for Fallout 4 that anyone that doesn't have a quantum computer until Bethesda bother with fixing it.
  12. RHY3756547

You can turn off shadows ingame. Reducing the resolution below 800x600 will break the game.
  13. LetsRaceBwoi

I know, but if the game is too slow to run then shadows should be turned off via XML.
  14. Noeltarifi

Noeltarifi Member

I went to my brothers, downloaded it on his pc, it works fine.. So I just have to play there. I am going over there today .. Can someone host ?
  15. Noeltarifi

Noeltarifi Member

Or teach me how to make a server and I can host it !
  16. daleylife

daleylife Member

@Noeltarifi There is a guide on creating your own server in this forum topic. It's not too complicated, but you have to read the instructions carefully.
    Sorry I missed your comment on my other thread, see that thread for when I'll have my server open.
  17. RHY3756547

Very in depth post, a lot has been contributed by these two inspiring words.
  18. Hayden99

Hayden99 Member

Hi. Are we gonna do a server? i have been off the forums a long time...:( i need to see the new stuff added into the game.
  19. xXJDrocks450Xx

xXJDrocks450Xx Well-Known Member

Sorry about that. It was just there to say "I'm Back."
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  20. xXJDrocks450Xx

xXJDrocks450Xx Well-Known Member

Also not now though maybe tomorrow or so. Shouldn't be a long wait though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.