Hello

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rmaster581, Oct 20, 2013.

1. rmaster581

rmaster581 Member

Hi, everyone. My name is Rocket. I played EA-Land.
  2. xezno

xezno Member

Hello, Rocket! Welcome to Project Dollhouse. If you have any questions, just ask.
  3. rmaster581

rmaster581 Member

Xezno, what happened to your TSO project? I thought you had one too?
  4. xezno

xezno Member

Well, I am still working on it. But soon I am taking the transition to C++ (3D conversion and using the game files)
  5. Afr0

Afr0 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan, xezno. Just be aware that C and C++ are generally considered to be quite tough languages, and you'll end up spending quite a bit more time than if you had done something in, say, Java.
    HOWEVER, you're in luck, since you can just branch off of NIOTSO! :)
    Technically, NIOTSO is in C, but if you need everything to be C++, you can always port :)
  6. xezno

xezno Member

Exactly what I was doing xD
    Or, I could use Java (but its a >=150MB download) with LWJGL like Minecraft does - but Pocket Edition uses C# or C++ which is partly why. It also means that if I want a mobile OpenGL ES port is possible. What language is Project Dollhouse in, or can I not branch off that? Also is there some kind of program to port from C to C++, I am lazy :S. Although, I did spend a lot of time on xTSO xD
  7. xezno

xezno Member

Finally, someone puts a capital in my name :D
  8. Afr0

Afr0 Well-Known Member

Project Dollhouse is C# using XNA. I'm getting increasingly worried about support in the future, because Microsoft has dropped support for and stopped developing XNA. Though XNA apps can still run in Windows 8, just not in Metro.
    But Monogame is getting increasingly stable, so chances are that the final version will be built using it.
  9. xezno

xezno Member

Its better for many reasons:
    Open Source
    Multi Platform support
    Faster updating (more updates than XNA)
    Supports Windows 8 (and hopefully 8.1)
  10. Hayran

Hayran New Member

11. xezno

xezno Member

Hello Hayran, welcome to the community.
  12. RainCloud

RainCloud Active Member

Hi guys,
    I have been following any and all projects that have anything to do with bringing back TSO pretty much since EA ended the game. I am a die-hard supporter of any effort. I just have no experience in coding anything. All I want to say is ... I hope the BETA test will be just one download without all that other seemingly complicated, (BASS.NET, Lua, XNA 3.1, .NET Framework, Visual C#, I have TSO installed :)
    Just know I'm waiting patiently and hope when the time comes, I can play again! TSO founder 10/02- 8/08
  13. xezno

xezno Member

What do you mean by TSO founder...
    Also welcome to the community!
  14. RainCloud

RainCloud Active Member

15. xezno

xezno Member

Awesome - would you like to BETA test xTSO?
  16. AidanM

AidanM Member

Founders are TSO beta testers. If you are a founder your profile had an emblem of a stick man holding a flag, kinda like an MTV music award, along with simmys. I'm a founder as well. Here's what it looked like.
  17. xezno

xezno Member

Whats what it looked like? You never finished...
  18. RainCloud

RainCloud Active Member

this was my house in Alphaville, notice the name of the property ;)

[​IMG][/URL][/img]
  19. RainCloud

RainCloud Active Member

this is the founder flag that got cut off the picture above, I would like to beta test.

[​IMG][/URL][/img]
  20. xezno

xezno Member

Cool - I might implement "Since 2014" lol (that's the release date) and BETA testers from now on will get a "Veteran" flag too. PM me the username and password you'd like to use for xTSO and I'll put it in the server auths. The next release will be tomorrow, for updates 1-4 look at xeznotso.prophpbb.com - Update 5 will be the best!