[Hosting] Is anyone coming?

Discussion in 'Play-Tests' started by nicefunfungirl, Oct 11, 2015.

?

Want me to host now?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Doesn't Matter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LetsRaceBwoi

LetsRaceBwoi Well-Known Member

i saw it, but i had floated away so i dc'd just afterwards
  2. nicefunfungirl

nicefunfungirl Active Member

Game crashed. Going back up.

upload_2015-10-11_15-44-48.png

Back up.

freeso.servegame.com
  3. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

That crash was because someone deleted the Mailbox. Latest version fixes it.
    LetsRaceBwoi likes this.
  4. Marvin732

Marvin732 Active Member

Still Online?
  5. Clonest

Clonest Active Member

Was fun while it lasted guys.....sorry I had to go after you restarted the server after those first 20 minutes or so of us playing with like 8 other people there. I had to work would LOOOVE to try again! :p
    LetsRaceBwoi likes this.
  6. RHY3756547

Clonest, I'm still looking for a reproduction case for that bug..

Either way, more tests to check if the sync is working correctly and serialization doesn't randomly crash would be great before I merge in the lot-serialize branch.
  7. LetsRaceBwoi

Gonna try hosting today.
  8. DukeLukum

DukeLukum Member

Is there a server up?
  9. Clonest

Clonest Active Member

By synchronization you mean how smooth the sims animations running/walking work over as server correct? in that case is most certainly is running much smoother! :D
  10. LetsRaceBwoi

Sync is the latency between client + server. Kinds comes into play with serialization, I guess.
  11. nicefunfungirl

@RHY3756547

Me and @nessie caught a bug.

upload_2015-10-12_16-51-20.png

I was in build-mode while she went to the teleporter ages ago,but she was standing there the entire time for me,but then all of a sudden,Apparently she was in bed,but for me,still up on the third floor after teleporting. ???
  12. nessie

nessie New Member

Untitled2.png
    Another bug(?): I never actually went up the teleporter to the third floor. We must have desynced extra hard because I was on the second floor the entire time -- the only time I moved was away from the teleporters, then to the bed. It was completely different on my screen than nffg's.
  13. LetsRaceBwoi

in other news, Nessie is alive? I haven't seen you in ages :O
  14. RHY3756547

Gah, no - stop talking. Sync is exactly what you expect, everyone sees the same thing if they are in sync, and the wrong thing if they are out.

What screen did everyone else see? Did they all see the same screen (different from you) or were they all different? (unfortunately does not help much if there were only two people) What was the order of connection? Are you all using the correct version?
  15. LetsRaceBwoi

(muffled, vague "what the fuck" sound)
  16. -BloodFighter-

-BloodFighter- Active Member

17. nicefunfungirl

Well,First i hosted of course,and she connected. Also i of course told her to update ;3 (147 yes.)

And played like normal,leading to this. We were interacting at first in front of the lot while i was replacing the elevators with teleporters. And for me,i seen that she had went up to the top teleporter on the roof. And somewhere there,there was a desync somehow i suppose.
  18. aceventura76

aceventura76 New Member

I'm using build #139 how do I join?
  19. nicefunfungirl

First of all,it was a private hosting between me and nessie,and two,You need build #147
  20. aceventura76

aceventura76 New Member

Do you mind if I join?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.