[LEGACY]How to join a server and install FreeSO

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nahuel3d, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Tirea

Tirea Active Member

No, for the time being FreeSO is Windows only.
    XandWacky likes this.
  2. Rye

Rye New Member

I get this big wall of text then the game crashes, Help!
  3. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

What does the wall of text say?
  4. RainbowSims

RainbowSims New Member

Rhys, No need to help him now... He forgot to install OpenAL.
  5. forestbalrog

forestbalrog New Member

Thanks for the tutorial, it was much easier than I thought it was going to be! And thanks for the hard work to everyone involved making this a possibility, you guys have done a really great job - it's cool to actually play around and see all the fun features!
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Nahuel3d and XandWacky like this.
  6. Rye

Rye New Member

My friend fixed it for me, But it said stuff about missing files
  7. Gouda Kai

Gouda Kai New Member

Great guide. Thanks for the help!
    Nahuel3d likes this.
  8. Malaki Mask

Malaki Mask Member

Its Feb 27th, 2016, I cannot get this to work. No matter how many times i redownload and read the directions i get an error message when i click the blue house icon... HELP
  9. Malaki Mask

Malaki Mask Member

10. Malaki Mask

Malaki Mask Member

Here is the error... I installed the installer, got to the XXX-XXX-XXXX part, cancelled out. Got the latest zip, unzipped it to program files/maxis/ sims online/TSOClient, then i placed the packet file INSIDE of the existing packet folder and deleted the previous packet-named file within it. I click on the blue house icon and i get that ^

Attached Files:

11. Malaki Mask

Malaki Mask Member

Ive also tried re downloading with the packet file inserted within the packet file..still error i need serious help
  12. Malaki Mask

Malaki Mask Member

Help me please
  13. Malaki Mask

Malaki Mask Member

I cant get past step 6...please help with this packet placement..i need specifics
  14. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

Stop quadruple posting in every thread when someone hasn't responded in 2 minutes or I'll have to ban you. This isn't a chatroom!
    Nahuel3d, LetsRaceBwoi and Tirea like this.
  15. xXJDrocks450Xx

xXJDrocks450Xx Well-Known Member

@Malaki Mask Alright, we know you need serious help, but I can't help you with that.
    What I can help with however is the issue your having. I have no idea what "Packets" your talking about, unless you were referring to "packingslips" which are required to run the game as of now. You must download them from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12239448/packingslips.rar and extract them to the uigraphics file folder in TSOClient. It will ask you to replace files in that destination, which you say yes to. After that FreeSO will probably work if you did it correctly. If not, post back one time in a category that your issue fits into.
    And yes, "YOU CAN GET SOME HELP".
    Nahuel3d, zc456 and Tirea like this.
  16. LetsRaceBwoi

LetsRaceBwoi Well-Known Member

this x 1000
    Malaki Mask likes this.
  17. SimsMovieGirl

SimsMovieGirl New Member

can someone plz make an evolve tutorial, cuz whenever i put in my ip it just crashes
  18. Malaki Mask

Malaki Mask Member

I dont see why I have to get threatened...I simply love this game and want to play it badly.. Just wanted some help and I got help
  19. Malaki Mask

Malaki Mask Member

Ahh..see the tutorial does not specify to place the files in the uigraphics file folder at all..trying now
  20. Malaki Mask

Malaki Mask Member

Got this error code.. i dont know what im doing wrong im losing hope

Attached Files: