[LEGACY]How to join a server and install FreeSO

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nahuel3d, Aug 5, 2015.

1. sarahpat163

sarahpat163 New Member

I'm on number 4 and it won't download for me
  2. JWofles

JWofles Active Member

So you installed TSO, quit the installation when it asked your for a CD key and dragged the dist.zip (freeso) into The Sims Online folder?
  3. sarahpat163

sarahpat163 New Member

I need help
  4. JWofles

JWofles Active Member

With what exactly? Does it ask you to login/make an EA account? Does it crash on open?
  5. Dawnmarie

Dawnmarie New Member

It did I quit then read the steps di the steps but it didnt work so Im giving up not worth trying anymore I cant ask my dad cause his hands shake so Im trying to teach myself how to do it but still cant get it to work so yup I give up
  6. sarahpat163

sarahpat163 New Member

It asks me for a 16 digit code tat I don't have but I don't know what to do cause now I'm starting again and te link on 4 and it won't download
  7. Dawnmarie

Dawnmarie New Member

ok I was also told to run the freeso but an error came up sadly I cant do screenshots cause theirs no screenshot on it
  8. JWofles

JWofles Active Member

Make sure your drag the content of this (press login as guest) .zip into 'The Sims Online' folder.

Try running it in administrator mode (right click and select run in admin as administrator), otherwise you've probably not put Freeso in the right place.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  9. smthalp

smthalp New Member

I can't find the installation directory
  10. JWofles

JWofles Active Member

If you installed TSO correctly it should be 'C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online'
    Just drag what's inside the dist255.zip into that folder
  11. Dawnmarie

Dawnmarie New Member

ok I got it to work but its asking me to log in now what should I do
  12. JWofles

JWofles Active Member

It shouldn't ask you to log in. Make sure you're running the game from FreeSO.exe not TSO.exe- if you can't find FreeSO.exe then you haven't installed it correctly, make sure you've emptied the .zip in the same place as the game is installed.

edit - make sure you have OpenAL installed too https://www.openal.org/downloads/oalinst.zip
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  13. PedrinhuBrr

PedrinhuBrr Member

Apparently you dont installed Microsoft XNA.
  14. Waqumber

Waqumber New Member

Hello, i'm having a problem with installing the sims online. I have downloaded the setup and when i click on it, it should be installing sims online right? not for me, a message pops up and says "there was an error downloading the manifest. the downloader must quit now." and then it quits. BUT i get a the sims online setup file. wiiiiith nothing in it.. i am using chrome and i have updated my graphics card, and it still wont work. help.

UPDATE: hi! yeah, so the problem was that i had windows 8. so i updated it and got windows 10! thanks for the help! :D
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  15. JWofles

JWofles Active Member

When you download the file from the EA website, you should get the file 'Setup The Sims Online.exe'. When you open it, it should start downloading the game which will take like 15-20 minutes. If it doesn't start downloading, try running it as admin. If that doesn't work, maybe your antivirus or firewall is blocking it (but I doubt it).
  16. Cutupuss

Cutupuss New Member

I'm getting the error,"Unable to link monogame"
  17. CuriousSimmer

CuriousSimmer New Member

I cant find the foler in program files or program files 86
  18. Batiste47

Batiste47 New Member

So I've followed the directions to the best of my abilities, packets and everything, but whenever I attempt to start the game up this error shows up. Any idea on how to fix this?

Attached Files:

19. JWofles

JWofles Active Member

it should be in C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online
  20. CuriousSimmer

CuriousSimmer New Member

do i play the game in the desktop shortcut cause its telling me somthing about my internet connection and i know its good