[LEGACY]How to join a server and install FreeSO

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nahuel3d, Aug 5, 2015.

1. SZ5061

SZ5061 New Member

has anyone gotten a .NET framework error?
  2. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

That is very general. Post a screenshot of what pops up here (alt+printscreen on window, ctrl-v here)
  3. GeorgeEnglish01

GeorgeEnglish01 New Member

When i open the game it has an error can some one please help me
  4. GeorgeEnglish01

GeorgeEnglish01 New Member

5. arumio

arumio New Member

Thanks for the guide! It's great to see people brought back TSO!
    Nahuel3d likes this.
  6. DeGugs

DeGugs New Member

You should replace the fourth screenshot to one that shows you searching for "freeso.ml" as it is the most popular server, and to my knowledge, the only one currently up.
    Nahuel3d likes this.
  7. ABlazer

ABlazer New Member

Ok, so I finally got the game installed. However I cannot get to playing after character creation. I keep getting this message. Am DYING to play, please help! :) System. Dll Not Found Exceptions. Unable to load Dll 'openall Dll" The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) At Open Tk.Audio.penAL.AL.IsBuffer(Ulnt32bid) at MicrosoftXNA.Framework.Audio.ALSoundBuffer.Dispose(Boolean disposing) at Microsoft.XNA.Framework.Audio.AL.SoundBuffer.Finalize()
  8. Becky with the good hair

Becky with the good hair Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Hey! Please install OpenAL https://www.openal.org/downloads/oalinst.zip, it should fix your problem.
  9. ABlazer

ABlazer New Member

Thanks, it no longer has the error message and stays open. However, I am stuck now at %99 joining property. I put that file you suggested in the TSO Client file. Is that right? Or, did I mess up?
  10. Becky with the good hair

Can you try closing and entering again? Seems weird, I can see you inside the game!
  11. Nahuel3d

Nahuel3d Active Member

Updated the post with some links to useful threads to get started. Let me know if you want something to be added there!
  12. Gavster

Gavster New Member

Well I instaled all, seems like game just want to open, but then a weird error pops out :( Please tell me that there is a chance to get my game working? I was so excited when I heard about its alive again !

Attached Files:

• ss.png
      ss.png
      File size:
      127.6 KB
      Views:
  13. Esmira

Esmira New Member

The download stops at 100%. Why? The game was installed according to instructions. Please help! [​IMG]
    ABlazer likes this.
  14. Becky with the good hair

The game won't start from TSOClient.exe or from The Sims Online shortcut.
    After installing The Sims Online client files, you have to install FreeSO, just follow the steps in the tutorial.
    When you finish installing everything, you should just click on FreeSO.exe (C:/Program Files/Maxis/The Sims Online/TSOClient/FreeSO.exe) to start the game.
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
  15. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

Try disabling "city shadows" in the graphics options. Freeso.ml is a little extreme so it is hard for older cpus to catch up with all the objects on the lot.
  16. Esmira

Esmira New Member

It didn't help.
    ABlazer likes this.
  17. Gavster

Gavster New Member

Tysm for help, but still didnt work, now it says that it stopped to work and windows cant find a reason :(
    ABlazer likes this.
  18. ABlazer

ABlazer New Member

I am having the exact same issue.
  19. Gavster

Gavster New Member

I was trying to instal OpenAL and its already installed, Ive also tried to instal whole game once again, and still same error, When im opening the FreeSO.exe file the window opens but in few seconds later windows says that the FreeSO.exe stopped to work, I was even trying to open it like Windows XP but then even the window wont pop up.
  20. TsJA101

TsJA101 New Member

I installed everything have OpenAL installed, updated graphic drivers, replaced the packingslips, but I keep getting the message that I need the (completely obsolete) Project Dollhouse Content. How do I fix this.

Also I get this 2.PNG . Help?
    error.PNG