[LEGACY]How to join a server and install FreeSO

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nahuel3d, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Nahuel3d

Nahuel3d Active Member

Oh, thank you, i forgot that the Global Server and Legacy Edition installers were merged.
    mrpenguinb likes this.
  2. smirk@

smirk@ New Member

I have the same problem myself. When I click on "install everything" a pop up comes up saying that it crashed along with three options to either search and repair, continue or restart. The latter two options results in the installer shutting down. When I click "search and repair" it reads "Win32 Registry Error" when I select it, the freeso installer closes and new window pops up extracting some type of file and "Microsoft Net" comes up and is ready for installation. Anyone who knows what to do next? I'm using an 8.1 version of Windows if that is to any help.
  3. Dernia

Dernia New Member

Okay, I've followed this guide, but when I do the search for freeso.ml, I get stuck at 0%. I'm stuck at Queen Margaret's and I'm not sure how to get out of there. Thanks for any and all help.
  4. mrpenguinb

mrpenguinb Active Member

Make sure that you install Microsoft .NET (when prompted by the installer appearing) as it is required FreeSO to function properly.
    Bob Newbie likes this.
  5. smirk@

smirk@ New Member

Thank you! It worked but now I hit another problem when I try to register. I click "create a FreeSO account" on the installer but it doesn't load the website. It doesn't work when I type in freeso.ml in my browser either. Is the website down?
    (EDIT) I found another link to the site nevermind! ;)
    mrpenguinb likes this.
  6. RoseSim

RoseSim New Member

I did the same thing, and it was because I downloaded the wrong server (Legacy), as you did. delete that game (simply go to program files/maxis and right click and delete Freeso, then download the GLOBAL server
  7. IIMaseII

IIMaseII New Member

Can someone tell me how to login to the sims online? :oops:
  8. mrpenguinb

mrpenguinb Active Member

Pretty simple, as soon as you launch FreeSO you should be at the login screen already (once the game has reticulated splines and completely loaded). You will need to register a separate account in order to play FreeSO (you can't use your forum account to login)
  9. xxrayray

xxrayray New Member

Hi I'm new! Few things:
    1. The number 6 dropbox link isn't working anymore
    2. I can log in and create a new character, but when I'm done creating my sim and click the check mark there's a popup that says "please wait while your new sim is being created" and the game freezes. Does that have to do with number 6?
    3. The first post says to join Legacy, but I'm seeing in the comments that if I want to play with other people I need to click 'global'... isn't the whole point of TSO to play with other people? Why have Legacy to begin with if you're the only one on it?
  10. Robert Bashaw

Robert Bashaw New Member

I am having problems with the download link. it is saying the pathway does not exist to https://freeso.net/
  11. Seany

Seany New Member

I'm having a similar problem - I crash after creating a sim. Get the not responding. Any troubleshooting thoughts out there?
  12. mrpenguinb

mrpenguinb Active Member

13. Raeven

Raeven Active Member

You'll want to bookmark beta.freeso.org for this beta test. It has the links to discord (support), terms of use, and all of that good Beta Tester stuff like that :)
  14. kawada13

kawada13 New Member

how to register now ?
  15. Becky with the good hair

Becky with the good hair Administrator Staff Member Moderator

16. xxrayray

xxrayray New Member

17. Siren_Flight

Siren_Flight New Member

18. maskedshark gamin

maskedshark gamin New Member

first off its not working for me second off i cant even create A DAMN ACOUNT!!!!!!!!!!
  19. ToyCop

ToyCop New Member

Got everything going downloaded, however the dropbox for the slips I need to replace things doesn't seem to be there.