[LEGACY]How to join a server and install FreeSO

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nahuel3d, Aug 5, 2015.

1. LetsRaceBwoi

LetsRaceBwoi Well-Known Member

No offence, Zack, but he is a little right. But you're still cleverer than ~70% of the world's population so that's something to be proud of.
    zc456 likes this.
  2. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

None taken, and thanks.
    LetsRaceBwoi likes this.
  3. Nahuel3d likes this.
  4. Nahuel3d

Nahuel3d Active Member

5. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

I don't think you should be distributing that way, since it includes EA's copyrighted material. It'll be a while until we have something that downloads it all automatically.
  6. JimiZeppelin4

JimiZeppelin4 New Member

I'm having an issue getting this thing to work. Whenever I fire it up, I keep getting this message and then the game crashes:[​IMG]

I'm running FreeSO through Windows 7 via VMWare on my Macbook Pro because that is all I have access to. How do I fix this problem?
  7. RHY3756547

8. JimiZeppelin4

JimiZeppelin4 New Member

9. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Active Member

10. JimiZeppelin4

JimiZeppelin4 New Member

Let me try that
  11. RHY3756547

Your graphics card is either on fire or your drivers are out of date. It's definitely not related to openal, and we no longer use XNA.

It's probably because you're running in VMWare. We'll have a mac build eventually, but obviously not now.
  12. JimiZeppelin4

JimiZeppelin4 New Member

How do I update my drivers?
  13. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Active Member

My bad on the XNA part. I don't know why I installed it.. I think I was having some issues and installing it helped xD..
  14. RHY3756547

For VMWare, it's more checking if there are any updates to VMWare available. You might want to Bootcamp into windows if you're really intent on running this, since you won't have to go through a buggy guest OS gfx driver. On Mac gfx updates should be provided by apple automatically so that should be fine.
    pisarz1958 likes this.
  15. Mr X

Mr X New Member

Hello, i got all the files in order, but when i get to character creation, the client crashes. Any help? I got the payslips folder unrared into tsoclient folder to replace the folder that was in there, the #98 client from google drive unzipped into tsoclient folder, and i just downloaded openal. Same error results. I understand no one is a magician to make it work because i also play Project 1999 for everquest and went thru a lot of crazy file stuff like this. You may do it perfectly and something goes wrong. So any and all suggestions to even try are appreciated. I will try however many things it takes until i get it. I should mention im using an msi notebook with windows 7 ultimate.

Attached Files:

16. Mr X

Mr X New Member

I decided to download xna just because to try it lol, and i made it to this spot as shown in the pic, then got the longest error ive ever seen and a crash.

Attached Files:

17. AnthraxWarhead

AnthraxWarhead New Member

Try downloading the latest build for xna
  18. RHY3756547

Mr X: first issue is a monogame issue, you can just ignore it and leave the window in the background (will be fixed at a later date, with correct resource GC and handle tracking). The second issue is because you're trying to join a server (your own ip) that is ipv6, but you probably shouldn't even be doing that anyways. In the tab you start in, you should double click one of the .xml files to enter a lot. empty_lot.xml is a good place to start if you want to build your own lot from scratch.
  19. SimsMovieGirl

SimsMovieGirl New Member

i need help how do i download from the dist? there's no download button or anything.
  20. SimsMovieGirl

SimsMovieGirl New Member

Gabriel_L_Ferraz likes this.