Login Server

Discussion in 'Contribute' started by MikeHolder, Jan 9, 2017.

1. MikeHolder

MikeHolder New Member

Howdy,

I am going to take a crack at rewriting the login server (and anything dealing with SQL for that matter) since it's not the most efficient approach IMHO. Let me know if you have any questions!

-Michael
  2. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

That seems like a lot of a stretch. SQL was very far from our problem with the API server.
  3. MikeHolder

MikeHolder New Member

Oh, no, I am doing it because it gets my feet wet with the project. Also, because it's bugging me. I was reading the code and was like "this could be done differently."

I didn't know you had an issue with the API server. What happened with that? Also, are we on Freednode (IRC) or Discord yet? I would love to coordinate changes.
  4. Poogly

Poogly New Member

Hi Mike,

We currently have a discord, but this is not the best place to talk about dev.
    I suggest you to expose your ideas in this topic. As there is many ways to implement things, I think it may be valuable to talk about this before you jump into the code.

Also, you may also consider having a look at the last blog post for the short-term ultra-top-priority roadmap where help is welcome.
  5. mistajack23

mistajack23 New Member

Poogly, when you say that we currently have a discord do you mean the standard one for FreeSO? Or is there a developer specific one? I am trying to put something together. Thank you :)
  6. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

Yes, I'd recommend explaining any large scale changes before you actually do them, to avoid wasted effort. From the first post, it looks like you want to use a NoSQL database or something, which would have incredibly large implications for the whole codebase. It would be worth discussing something like this first.