[OBSOLETE] FreeSO Update Utility

Discussion in 'Contribute' started by Sim, Jun 12, 2016.

?

Do you like the updater? (Leave detailed post below)

1. Yes

86.2%
  2. No

1.5%
  3. It needs polishing

12.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sim

Sim Active Member

No, it just runs the executable with the selected arguments for now since I reckoned changes to the configuration files would happen.
  2. Farriswheel

Farriswheel New Member

Hello I created a forum account to asked this:
    I doenloaded another launcher not sure the name but it said i needed to install netframe, Im not using my persinal compiuter so I dont like to install things that i dont know what they are for sure.
    can somrbody give the link to doenload a launcher that doesnt require anything else?
  3. Sim

Sim Active Member

Uhhh, hey...
    To download this launcher click here: http://freeso.ml/fsopatch-win32-x64.exe (64bit)
    Make sure you choose a directory to install into that contains the FreeSO.exe file.
    And no, you wont need to download .NET Framework because this launcher does not use it.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  4. Sim

Sim Active Member

Performance Patch - 1.4.1
    Users with Windows Vista and 7 will receive an update to improve performance, there was some type of lag while using the launcher.
  5. Sim

Sim Active Member

Update 1.4.2
    Launcher now downloads distribution files from the new distribution link.
  6. Oniji Abukara

Oniji Abukara Member

I LOVE IT!!!
  7. Sim

Sim Active Member

New update (1.5) coming in the next days:
    - Rewritten all the code which brings workflow and performance improvements.
    - Manual game language selection (english and spanish for now) which auto-downloads the latest language pack (currently only with spanish thanks to @Womsy).
    - Auto-translation of the launcher's UI detecting the operating system's language (english and spanish for now, defaults to english).
    Oniji Abukara and RHY3756547 like this.
  8. Tori Sim

Tori Sim Active Member

Should this be concerning? Is it safe? o_O

Attached Files:

9. Blayer98

Blayer98 Active Member

it's safe, I've used that file before and it's fine
  10. Oniji Abukara

Oniji Abukara Member

*/////////*

Womsy is great. I'm working with him in Spain FSO page and am aware of every step and cooperate together. I'm super happy and grateful that we give support to the Spanish community !! Many thanks!!
  11. Sim

Sim Active Member

The update server has been upgraded. If your launcher is on "Looking for updates..." this is the cause.
    It should continue eventually, if it doesn't due to a timeout just restart it.
    Oniji Abukara likes this.
  12. Oniji Abukara

Oniji Abukara Member

The launcher has been updated, but it does not appear in Spanish. Is it right?
  13. Sim

Sim Active Member

No, the server was updated, not the launcher yet.

The update will come out soon...
    Most important feature will be game translation (including objects).
    Still have to bug test some more.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  14. Oniji Abukara

Oniji Abukara Member

So do I. Thank you very much for everything!
  15. Simhrique0990

Simhrique0990 Active Member

Please, put "Portuguese-BR". :)

i'm working in the translation
  16. Oniji Abukara

Oniji Abukara Member

Can we put the game in 800x600 full screen?
  17. Sim

Sim Active Member

If your screen size is 800x600, then yes you can play with fullscreen 800x600.
    Or are you using some kind of special screen setup?

That's great! Send me the translation files ASAP and I'll include them in the update which should come out today or tomorrow.
    For now the supported languages are: English (Default), Spanish (by @Womsy) and Italian (by @Alessandro Needs A Server).
  18. Oniji Abukara

Oniji Abukara Member

I tried to change the resolution of the screen to 800x600, then I ran FreeSO with the launcher, but it looks cropped. In options the launcher does not put 800x600 nor can I change it manually. I do not know what else I can do
  19. Sim

Sim Active Member

I just tried it myself changing the screen to 800x600 and it works as expected:

[​IMG]

I'm not sure what is happening in your case, can you include some screenshots of the launcher and its settings?
  20. Oniji Abukara

Oniji Abukara Member

I know what happens First I have to change the resolution, THEN start the game. I had started the launcher, then changed the resolution, so I did not get it. I rebooted the PC with 800x600 and now it works fine at that resolution. Once I open the launcher, when I close it on the taskbar, it will not let me reopen it because it says it is already open (although it is not) so I must reboot the entire PC.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.