Oh Em Gee!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikeoui, Aug 9, 2017.

1. mikeoui

mikeoui New Member

I started playing TSO on December 27, 2002. It was the day after I got my driver's license. My trip to Best Buy to buy it was my first solo driving experience.

I very quickly fell in love with the community and the camaraderie. High school was rough and TSO was where my "real" friends were. I was quite upset when TSO/EA Land came to an end. I've been in the planning stages of a TSO-inspired community in Second Life. I was doing a lot of work trying to figure out how to give Second Life the appeal that TSO had. On a whim, I did a search for "The Sims Online" today just to see if there was any chance it was coming back (I do this search a couple times per year) and found FreeSO. I am so excited to get in world and see what it's all about!

TSO was so much more than a game for me as it got me through a tough time in my life. I cannot wait to dive back in!

Now to choose a name. Do I use what I had on TSO (Twisted Soul...I was thinking of it as a AIM username and not a person's name) or come up with something new? Hmmm.

-Mike
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Alonzo likes this.
  2. ron1

ron1 Member

Man if you would have told me a year, 2 years or 5 years ago that in 2017 i would be able to do a google search for the sims oline and found a fully functionion simulation of it i would have shit my pants. im still shitting my pants over it, but sad to see already a lot of people have stopped playing for various reasons.
    mikeoui likes this.
  3. mikeoui

mikeoui New Member

Hopefully we can build up interest. It's hard because we're dancing around EA's rules. That's their right, but it prevents a lot of stuff from happening.
  4. A.Mazzoni

A.Mazzoni New Member

Super stoked! I actually decided the other day to just Google The Sims Online. I could not believe this has been happening. Hopefully there are a lot of others that will get on board as well and decide to Google too! TSO meant so much to a lot of folks just like myself. Mike, I saw a post where you did roof art in BF... I am totally sure you did mine!! ;)