[OUTDATED] Creating your own server!

Discussion in 'Play-Tests' started by LetsRaceBwoi, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. travisrauh

travisrauh New Member

Yeah I expected the majority of us would want to migrate to the global server when it becomes available. This is more of just a temporary service in the meantime. :)
  2. Barc0de

Barc0de Member

Hey, this didn't work for me, for whatever reason I can't connect. I have tried port forwarding using portmapper, what else should I try?
  3. Lure

Lure New Member

Your not supposed to connect to your own server, Your supposed to open a lot that ends with xml and then let other people connect to it.
  4. Barc0de

Barc0de Member

I was testing the server from another location to make sure that it worked
  5. RayneCroft

RayneCroft New Member

Greetings and thanks for the guide, i'm supposed to have done everything... thouuu the web of No-IP seems different from the description, there s a dashboard where it tells "1 active hostname" and "1 unconfigured host". If i click in the first one some information comes resembled to the image you posted in the guide so it seems fine.

Appart from that i am still not sure about how to set up my server once inside the game... so i started trying things, i made myself a home with space enough to make two houses more soon, in case some people that reach my trust want to try having a house close to me. But, i dont know yet if what i am doing is online or not, or if someone may be able to visit it or not if i give the adress,... and how to manage things as admin. Like how make people doormates or admins too...

I know too much questions from a noob in this x)

raynecroft.ddns.net
    Thanks for all, atte,
    Victoria Rayne
    Steam name: RayneDarkwave
  6. KimberlyMint

KimberlyMint New Member

It crashes when I try to connect
  7. Martin

Martin New Member

This tutorial is total shit..... DO A VIDEO TUTORIAL!! Here it is not even explained... only the main steps... but what you got to do with the router... no one said about it... i am so pissed off
  8. Blayer98

Blayer98 Active Member

You have to port-forward your router, if you can't do that then don't bother trying, it's pretty technical as it is, plus, there are enough servers to play on
    Tirea likes this.
  9. Martin

Martin New Member

I have a port forwarding... and i did every step but it won't work....
  10. Blayer98

Blayer98 Active Member

Exactly, people somehow can't get it to work, which is why I say, don't bother, especially if your router won't work with FreeSO, even after port-forwarding
  11. dennusz1995

dennusz1995 Active Member

You're on fire baby!
  12. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

Remember that this setup is a temporary problem caused by the fact that people need to actually host their own lot servers. I don't even know what this portmapper program is... I do it manually.
    pisarz1958 likes this.
  13. Trevor

Trevor Member

nope, nope and nope. Thanks for the tutorial but I couldn't get it to work at all.
    #6 is what got me. what client?

How does the server I just signed up for turn into a TSO server? And then how do I connect to it via Freeso.
  14. Alessandro Needs A Server

Alessandro Needs A Server Well-Known Member

Open the port needed and once u've done it, open an offline lot in freeso, it will automatically become online if u give ur frans the public ip u can get @ whatsmyip.org
    Trevor likes this.
  15. Mr X

Mr X New Member

I'm trying to do Lan server instructions. Do I just give my ip address to my friend?
  16. Becky with the good hair

Becky with the good hair Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Yes, all you need is your local private ip address once you enter a lot.
  17. simsfreak

simsfreak Active Member

Great Information, Thank you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.