PD And EA-Land client

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by francot514, Oct 12, 2014.

1. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

Today i was testing PD and ea land client and this was the results:

The theory is that we can use ea land objects into pd for have a better game experience...

Attached Files:

2. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

How well does the mystery tree work? This is very interesting and I'm surprised I haven't tried it yet...
  3. AquilaSim

AquilaSim Administrator Staff Member Moderator

o_O Awesome... can you tell me please where did you find and then download EA-Land client ?
  4. francot514

Rhys give me the client, (You think i can post it here or will have any permission issues)???

Also there are some other objects needed to test, and that base ones for custom content, that i dont know how to handle...
  5. aidancheddar

aidancheddar Active Member

Interesting find.
  6. francot514

Some bads news, some objects like this ones will not work, dont know why

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: tsomania.net.

I got the error "unknow definition var"
  7. RHY3756547

Job objects are not yet implemented. Group job objects are even more not implemented as they use the Plugin primitives.
  8. aidancheddar

Group job objects are a bit more complex since it requires a modified interface.
  9. francot514

Trying to test some ea land stuff i get this, when generated a npc it seems i can control it, for a few time, but after all, it crashes...

Attached Files:

Tourniquet likes this.
  10. francot514

This objects like weeding stuff are for ea land???

Attached Files:

11. aidancheddar

Wedding objects are in TSO too.
  12. RHY3756547

It's great that the cake is working, since that object is pretty complicated.
  13. aidancheddar

So, question, since you have your source code of your MonoGame port up, what exactly was changed? It's nice to know that EA-Land's versions of the objects strangely work.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  14. RHY3756547

Not strangely - they use the same engine! I don't think much was added to the VM between new and improved and EA land.
  15. francot514

This is a question for me???

I not using EA-land for the monogame port i have made, only original tso and pd files refereces...
  16. aidancheddar

I just want to know if you made any changes since the present source code release of the Monogame port is still pretty primitive.
  17. francot514

Is based from the PD original source, and it has alot of bugs, as the other one, you can try to improve it, becuase there is not actually a real monogame port in Pd original, instead a xna 4.0 project that still references for xna.framework.game (3.1), that is a big situation to solve...
  18. aidancheddar

Yeah, I noticed. So, nothing changed?
  19. RHY3756547

You just change the path the game runs from to that of EA Land. There shouldn't be any missing/renamed resources so it should work.
  20. aidancheddar

But, if that's all that's changed, why go create an entirely separate repo if it's the same code? That's what I don't understand. I do understand if it's for TSOCategorizer, but that was put in after-the-fact.