PD Source Code debugging

Discussion in 'Programming' started by francot514, Sep 4, 2014.

1. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

I want to create this topic to show you my debunging results of PD source code, mainly from tsoclient and related libraries.

Tso.vitaboy.engine: Animator.cs

Code:
    Error    21    'TSO.Vitaboy.Animator' does not implement inherited abstract member 'TSO.Common.rendering.framework._3DComponent.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice)'    C:\Users\Usuario\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Project-Dollhouse-master\TSOClient\tso.vitaboy.engine\Animator.cs    10    18    TSO.Vitaboy.Engine

Tso.vitaboy.engine: Avatar.cs

Code:
    Error   56   'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.BasicEffect' does not contain a definition for 'CommitChanges' and no extension method 'CommitChanges' accepting a first argument of type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.BasicEffect' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)   C:\Users\Usuario\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Project-Dollhouse-master\TSOClient\tso.vitaboy.engine\Avatar.cs   219   28   TSO.Vitaboy.Engine

SimAvatar.cs

Code:
    Error    22    'TSO.Vitaboy.SimAvatar' does not implement inherited abstract member 'TSO.Common.rendering.framework._3DComponent.DeviceReset(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice)'    C:\Users\Usuario\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Project-Dollhouse-master\TSOClient\tso.vitaboy.engine\SimAvatar.cs    13    18    TSO.Vitaboy.Engine

2. francot514

In TSO.common

Code:
    Error    5    'WinFormsGraphicsDevice.GraphicsDeviceService' does not implement interface member 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.IGraphicsDeviceService.DeviceCreated'. 'WinFormsGraphicsDevice.GraphicsDeviceService.DeviceCreated' cannot implement 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.IGraphicsDeviceService.DeviceCreated' because it does not have the matching return type of 'System.EventHandler<System.EventArgs>'.    C:\Users\Usuario\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Project-Dollhouse-master\TSOClient\tso.common\rendering\framework\winforms\GraphicsDeviceService.cs    32    11    tso.common

3. Afr0

Afr0 Well-Known Member

Sigh.
    You shouldn't be trying to compile the Monogame port if you have to ask these questions.

Error 21 is obvious, you need to implement Draw()
    Error 56 - remove call to CommitChanges()
    Error 22 is obvious, you need to implement DeviceReset()
    Error 5 - need to implement DeviceCreated()
  4. francot514

Ok, excuses, i can read the code, but not understand at all...

What is this assembly??'

Code:
    Error    29    Assembly Nuclex.Fonts.Content.TrueTypeImporter was built with a reference to Microsoft.Xna.Framework with an incorrect version 3.1.0.0 when version 4.0.0.0 was expected.    tso.client

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  5. aidancheddar

aidancheddar Active Member

*throws another C# book at you*
  6. francot514

You have compiled it succesfully???, because every time i try get some new erros, i think the source has been damaged by some reason, most for the tso.client source.
  7. aidancheddar

I'm implying that if you want to debug, you need to first understand the language first. You won't understand why that Japanese person slapped you by simply listening to them.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    Remixful likes this.
  8. Remixful

Remixful Active Member

9. francot514

Then you can tell me what is this assembly?
    Assembly Nuclex.Fonts.Content.TrueTypeImporter
  10. francot514

I got it working debuging, but i had to add xna 3.1 redistributable anyway.

Attached Files:

11. Remixful

Remixful Active Member

Yeah um, if you have to constantly ask what each assembly is, not sure if you're right for the job, pal...
    aidancheddar likes this.
  12. Remixful

Remixful Active Member

13. francot514

Is too bad askiing for things about game, also the error is the exampla what i gives you, ithe missing assebly reference to xnaframeworkgame 3.1, that i had to install to get it working...
  14. aidancheddar

You went in not even knowing C# until I finally gave you a book. XD I'll admit, getting XNA Game Studio 3.1 wasn't made clear, but it's not like you woulda known how to fix anything before hand. Debugging and showing errors is for the git page, anyway. Not here.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    Remixful likes this.
  15. francot514

Anyone else have tried to debug the PD game version in xna 4 or monogame, and get succesfully results???