Problem with Installer

Discussion in 'Support' started by RarePepe, Jan 6, 2017.

1. RarePepe

RarePepe New Member

help please
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

• lol.png
      lol.png
      File size:
      133 KB
      Views:
  2. The Architect

The Architect Administrator Staff Member Moderator

update Microsoft .NET to the latest version and try again (make sure to run as Admin)
  3. Divine

Divine New Member

My friend has the same problem and tried it a few times. We don't know what to do.
  4. Bumpie

Bumpie New Member

My launcher says "up to date" but when I try and launch, this is what i get:

upload_2017-1-6_11-6-59.png
  5. The Architect

When did you install from the launcher? Is it the latest one that was updated on play.freeso.net in the last 16 hours? If so, run it as admin. This error happens when you don't run as admin or if you have an older version installed.
  6. Bumpie

Bumpie New Member

I did the updated install yesterday. so do a new one? I will try that! Thanks for the fast reply.
  7. Bumpie

Bumpie New Member

Ok, so seems like I'm there! :) Just need to wait til 22 gmt! You rock! Thanks again for the help! (crossing fingers all goes well! Cant wait to play again!)
    The Architect likes this.
  8. HazzaPlumbob

HazzaPlumbob New Member

I'm getting the same error as you OP. I tried running as admin but still getting the error. :s
  9. The Architect

Did you extract all files before trying to run them?
  10. HazzaPlumbob

HazzaPlumbob New Member

Uuuh I extracted all of the files from the original download zip, but after clicking on install it's created more zip folders, do I extract everything from inside of those as well?
  11. The Architect

right. that shouldn't happen. once you extract all files from the download zip, just click on the Official FSO Installer Utility x86 Edition that you already extracted. run as admin
  12. HazzaPlumbob

HazzaPlumbob New Member

Same error message. :(
  13. Alex F.

Alex F. Member

14. MurasakiYosei

MurasakiYosei New Member

[​IMG] hi guys i've got a member having this issue, i'm not sure how to help her?
  15. mrpenguinb

mrpenguinb Active Member

If you are receiving a missing textures.xml file error when trying to launch FreeSO then you must download the latest GS installer that is currrently on play.freeso.net and try again.
    simsfreak likes this.
  16. The Architect

yes if it can't find the .cab, either run as admin or update .net framework

if it says it can't find textures, you're using too old of a version and you need to download from play.freeso.net
  17. RarePepe

RarePepe New Member

i did it thank you very much!

but like now the installation time took REALLY long, like 1110 minutes should i worry?
  18. mrpenguinb

mrpenguinb Active Member

You shouldn't worry, that's normal since EA's servers can be slow but it mainly depends on your internet connection I think.
  19. Kareboo

Kareboo New Member

This thread helped me get passed my Yikes error box. Thank you.