Raeven Remeshes

Discussion in '3D Remeshing' started by Raeven, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Raeven

Raeven Well-Known Member

moderate Desk from desk.iff
    This remesh fixes the issue the generated mesh has and allows you to pickup and use small objects when they are placed on the desk's surface.
    maxisDeskModerate_remesh.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    dotequals, Fawn, RHY3756547 and 4 others like this.
  2. Raeven

Raeven Well-Known Member

farmhouse table from tablediningunleashed.iff farm table preview 3.JPG

Attached Files:

Grigor, mrpenguinb, Sindle and 2 others like this.
  3. Raeven

Raeven Well-Known Member

Some of these surfaces are updates/replacements for remeshes done some time ago. I've edited some notes in to help you decide if you'd rather hold on the the previous version of the remesh instead.

These all use custom textures that were created using a mix of sprites and procedural textures.

NOTES ON THIS NUMICA KITCHEN COUNTER: I took a couple of liberties with this one so some of the faithful sprite-matchin aspects of the previous remesh are not here. The kickplate is the same color on the corner and standalone and I added the knob they forgot to include on the sprite (dorks). This increased the tri count considerably from the previous remesh. The edges of the counter top could use a more beveled look.
    [​IMG]

NOTES ON THIS THE LINGERIE SHOP COUNTER: The edges of the counter top could use a more bullnose look (especially the front edge). The knobs are probably not in quite the right place. I chose to go with less tris but adding a little more geometry would make the top edge of the plastic trim even sharper. There are still slight seams between counters in the back. Has few tris than the previous remesh.
    [​IMG]

NOTES ON (TSO PORT) SHOP COUNTER: The front edges of the counter top could use a softer look. The knobs are not quite in the right place and are larger than the sprite. I chose to go with less tris but adding a little more geometry would make the top edge of the plastic trim even sharper.
    [​IMG]

NOTES ABOUT MOROCCAN DINING TABLE: Still needs the attention of a texture artist to make the top look good (looking forward to it being redone some day). The leg and foot have LOTS more geometry than the previous remesh, so LOTS more tris. Might not be at the correct rotation (forgot to actually double-check that oops)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019 at 2:02 AM
    Grigor, BrandonSJ96 and dotequals like this.