Road to Live Release (archive)

Discussion in 'Development News' started by RHY3756547, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LetsRaceBwoi

LetsRaceBwoi Well-Known Member

On a subject of voices, is it possible to get VoIP chat? Like, TeamSpeak / Mumble style? That would be quite cool, but from what I've seen in some games (ex. any source game) it can lag the server hilariously if there are a lot of players or actions being executed.
  2. Clonest

Clonest Active Member

It pretty much happens when attempting any interaction that involves another online sim, rather it's me initiating a handshake or a slap in the face to my sis's character, or if it's my sis that tries to initiate the interaction, either way her's crashes and mine still runs fine.
  3. Marvin732

Marvin732 Active Member

Do you have both the same dist release ?
  4. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

Not related to development, but here is a really nice house a member of "The Sims Online Brazil" Facebook group made:
    [​IMG]
    You've really got to love how great you can make houses look, even just with The Sims 1 tools.
    zc456, Cyber Toon, Tori Sim and 8 others like this.
  5. LetsRaceBwoi

Wow, that looks... beautiful! If only I could make something that cool.
    Magno Vieira likes this.
  6. Clonest

Clonest Active Member

Of course were using the same version!, here's hoping it magically fixes itself by the time the next update gets here, it doesn't take long for RHYS to come up with a new version now so i've seen :)
    Magno Vieira and LetsRaceBwoi like this.
  7. Magno Vieira

Magno Vieira New Member

Thank you for sharing my house! I am very grateful to see my representation of members of the Brazilian community TSO!!
  8. RHY3756547

[​IMG]
    Rectangle routing working in engine, as shown by this hilarious clock maze I made. At most points in it the sim is walking through a half tile, so this really best shows this off. Walls and room bounds currently aren't being considered, but they will be before any official release.

You can't really see him in there, but you can catch glimpses.
    Tirea, AquilaSim, Fatbag and 4 others like this.
  9. RHY3756547

Pushed to the repo. Walls sort of work but they need optimized. Room boundaries do not work. Will be fixed tomorrow.
    yoyo, Tori Sim and AquilaSim like this.
  10. Clonest

Clonest Active Member

What about roofs?
  11. RHY3756547

Roofs aren't a concern for routing, since they're just a visual way of filling gaps you normally couldn't walk over anyways.
  12. LetsRaceBwoi

13. RHY3756547

Both spellings are accepted, but "roofs" is listed as the plural in the Oxford dictionary so I'm going to go with that. Not sure what this happens to do with the topic though, since this isn't "Grammar and Localization Development", and is still about SimAntics primarily.
  14. LetsRaceBwoi

Google told me it was rooves so I'm going to go with that
    Also couldn't you control the angle, or was that not until TS2? Because that would be a really good feature ;)
  15. RHY3756547

You can control the angle, there are 5 settings going from flat to steep I think.
  16. LetsRaceBwoi

So you couldn't manually enter an angle like in TS2? There is a slider for it there.
  17. pisarz1958

pisarz1958 Administrator Staff Member Moderator

THE ROOF
    THE ROOF
    THE ROOF IS ON FIRE!

Anyway, this sounds like a simple thing to do, once you have the algorythms covered. And since they're just a gimmick that doesn't affect gameplay, it won't be a priority for Rhys I guess.
    LetsRaceBwoi likes this.
  18. RHY3756547

There is not a slider for it. Here's the feature in The Sims 1, a true relic of a time before you were born:
    [​IMG]

The line of thinking is kind of like this.

Complexity: requires custom, potentially complicated algorithm
    Features provided: visual only (low priority)

High cost, low priority changes aren't really going to be made til close to release.
    yoyo, Tori Sim and pisarz1958 like this.
  19. Cyber Toon

Cyber Toon Member

How is the complexity of pools?
    Clonest likes this.
  20. Tori Sim

Tori Sim Active Member

"Rooves as a plural for of roof is dated, but not incorrect. The Oxford English Dictionary lists “rooves” as an alternate to roofs, one of several outdated spellings used in the UK, and in New England as late as the 19th century." :p :) Rooves is outdated, Roofs is the current "proper" way :)
    Great progress by the way Rhys! Love it!
    pisarz1958 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.