Road to Live Release (archive)

Discussion in 'Development News' started by RHY3756547, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

Thanks, despite the way we have to go it's nice knowing that we're definitely more than 3 quarters of the way there.

Even the IDE is looking more complete:
    [​IMG]
  2. bennerman

bennerman Member

Forgive me for my ignorance, but what is the IDE, exactly?
  3. RHY3756547

Independent Development Environment. It's for making custom objects and modifying existing ones.
  4. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

Wow Rhys, now there are a lot of windows in the editor, there will not be a way to overlay them out, in each other?
  5. RHY3756547

I have no idea what that means... One option is to avoid opening as many windows I did, you should really only need the browser, one resource and a code editor. You can close or minimize any you aren't using.
  6. bennerman

bennerman Member

Maybe he means he wants the editor to use, say, tabs, instead of individual windows?
  7. RHY3756547

I have a feeling that would not be very useful. SimAntics isn't like a full typed language, you're not going to get a ton of classes and cross references. Everything is pretty self contained. I might consider tabbing the BHAV editor in future.
  8. LetsRaceBwoi

LetsRaceBwoi Well-Known Member

@RHY3756547 I think your computer is collapsing as badly as mine is :I
    upload_2015-12-13_18-13-59.png
    (low on memory)
  9. Tirea

Tirea Active Member

I'm pretty sure (in Rhys' case) this is not a low memory warning but the icon of the "Enable" tool.
    RHY3756547 likes this.
  10. RHY3756547

Yep, no memory issues here.
  11. LetsRaceBwoi

...Looks like I'm the only one with crappy RAM here (only 1333MHz :I)
  12. pisarz1958

pisarz1958 Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Actually, I mixed it up already few pages ago, kinda glad to see that I'm not the only one. It's because my laptop doesn't support more than 8 gigs of RAM and I'm a huge multitasking abuser, I often run out of space on my taskbar because of all the icons.
  13. LetsRaceBwoi

Often it's because I have a game and Chrome open, and most of the time it's because I have Chrome, a game, 3 instances of Visual Studio, Sublime Text, and 10 different Explorer windows with WinRAR open, and Steam in the background. Chrome's a huge memory eater; I'd change, but anything else feels cheap or strange.
  14. pisarz1958

pisarz1958 Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Since almost every relatively mainstream browser is based on the same/similar rendering engine to Chromium's, it's not like you have any choice. Well, except for Firefox and Edge/IE.

Back to topic - can't wait to see people actually doing cool stuff with this IDE.
  15. xXJDrocks450Xx

xXJDrocks450Xx Well-Known Member

btw, you spelled "reviews" wrong in your bio :p... Also, good to see you back again.
  16. LetsRaceBwoi

I'm going to make some stupid shit...
    >revews
    Deliberately spelt wrong because Rhys has never said anything nice about me since July (!rip).
  17. RHY3756547

My laptop also only has 8GB ram, though I've got a large page file on my SSD and windows 10 compressed memory does a lot of work, so I never run out of memory (unless my network driver randomly leaks memory, which I've had to fix twice already).
  18. Marvin732

Marvin732 Active Member

Well, i am on my PC with actually 800MHz, up until 1033MHz but it often crashes
    On my Laptop it is 20307MhZ

Attached Files:

19. Driesje44

Driesje44 Active Member

Hi i've got 8GB RAM and a crappy laptop :I
  20. bennerman

bennerman Member

Is there a thread for minor bugs that don't deserve their own thread?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.