Road to Live Release (archive)

Discussion in 'Development News' started by RHY3756547, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LetsRaceBwoi

LetsRaceBwoi Well-Known Member

That's what I meant. If the height tails off at the edges then it should be easy to create something seamless if the height is then tailed in (?) to the next lot:
    upload_2015-12-22_20-48-12.png
    (quick shitty diagram to show what I'm on about)
  2. bennerman

bennerman Member

So, do we have any idea when the next build will be out, and/or if it will be major changes or just technical stuff? Just curious
  3. danielroxheaps

danielroxheaps New Member

Hello, sorry I'm new here and only had a chance to read the first 2 pages, so you're recreating TSO?
  4. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

5. LetsRaceBwoi

No. The engine used in TSO is being recreated, along with the servers - only the content from the original TSO is being used, none of the code has been decompiled to get this far. It's a re-implementation, not a re-creation.
    Raxisa likes this.
  6. bennerman

bennerman Member

Exactly. They're not using any TSO stuff. If the players choose to use TSO stuff, that's their own damn fault ;P
  7. LetsRaceBwoi

inb4 everyone starts seeding TSO torrents and uploading virus-infected TSO files to mega
  8. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

Well, technically we are recreating TSO's engine and server. Since we're not decompiling the code, the method we're using is known as Clean Room Design.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  9. Noeltarifi

Noeltarifi Member

i downloaded everything....which is shocking since, i am not computer savy, are there any servers open?
  10. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

Generally there aren't, since they take effort to host and are basically only sandboxes right now.
  11. Noeltarifi

Noeltarifi Member

thats ok, i have a bigger problem, i cant even work the game normally, cant enter any lots... i have someone helping me, but we cant figure it out. rhys i need ur help!
  12. Fraczek20

Fraczek20 Member

Do you get any errors when you try to enter the lot? Also is your game laggy? I had a computer with a such problem and it was caused by lags as it wasn't powerful enough.
  13. Noeltarifi

Noeltarifi Member

Yeah I found out; it's just too lagging to work :(
  14. -BloodFighter-

-BloodFighter- Active Member

Wonder on what hardware your trying to play the game on, that its even causing it to lag...
    TheMarshmallowBear likes this.
  15. Fraczek20

Fraczek20 Member

Depending on the lag it's still possible to enter the lot, because entering to an existing server does not require double clicking. However I tried that on my seconary "not powerful enough" PC and the game is still unplayable, because all objects except sims are invisible.
  16. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

I know this is an eventual feature but I really suggest having the camera focus on the player the moment they enter the lot.
    ultra_herickvvb likes this.
  17. jkjoebo

jkjoebo Member

How about a mini box (action camera person falling asleep, peein,joining,left) incase you missed it off camera or there on 3rd or 5th floor
  18. LetsRaceBwoi

You mean a Picture-In-Picture (PIP) box right? That's a good idea but I think Zack meant instead of focusing near the top of the lot when you enter it via file manager.
  19. Christopher

Christopher Member

Picture in picture box sounds very interesting! But I bet that'd be very complicated from a programming perspective!
  20. LetsRaceBwoi

You know this project is maintained by Rhys and Darren, right?
    zc456 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.