Road to Live Release (archive)

Discussion in 'Development News' started by RHY3756547, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

upload_2016-8-12_0-35-3.png
    Hotfix fixing a bug that caused some really stupid things to happen incoming.
    LazP, zero35, zc456 and 5 others like this.
  2. Raeven

Raeven Well-Known Member

Noice!

In quickie testing I did get an error (System.IndexOutOfRangeException...) and crash when I click on a window while in buymode, though. (No issues in build or live mode)
    I copied over the old install (rather than starting fresh), have user-patches and custom objects installed, and was on a lot that uses most of those objects so it is entirely possible my game's just a bungle.
  3. RHY3756547

Nice catch, didn't notice that one. The problem was that there was no bounds checking on the cutaway object's position, so it got confused when it tried to access the wall on its tile (out of world).
  4. Fraczek20

Fraczek20 Member

I see that forum is finally up and running.
  5. The Architect

The Architect Administrator Staff Member Moderator

prove it
  6. Sir Telias

Sir Telias New Member

Just now realized this was my gif xD
  7. Alessandro Needs A Server

Alessandro Needs A Server Well-Known Member

I see hillary :cool:
  8. Oniji Abukara

Oniji Abukara Member

I think like you. I played The Sims Online and was following all projects that existed until proved false. I'm super happy with FreeSO and more excited, eager to play again in the final version
  9. RHY3756547

zc456, mini_cooper4, zero35 and 4 others like this.
  10. Oniji Abukara

Oniji Abukara Member

Does this mean that you can play on an iPad, iPhone and Mac?
  11. Tori Sim

Tori Sim Active Member

Would love to be able to play on android tablet too :D that's awesome!
  12. Oniji Abukara

Oniji Abukara Member

me too *0*!!
  13. Ikisis

Ikisis New Member

You can always Use Team Viewer to run it remotely from your phone or tablet (But it will just be streaming the game from your pc)

P.S Teamviewer is Free
    Oniji Abukara likes this.
  14. RHY3756547

Android is possible. Mac should work when I start distributing the correct version of monogame, but installation will never be easy.
  15. wanabrar

wanabrar New Member

Wow guys, after soo long you have come this far. I'm gonna try the game again.. and hopefully stop playing other games lol.
    My love for TSO never fades.. lots of fun times back then.
  16. Noel

Noel Member

I also have been wanting to play the sims on my Note 4. I have actually been diggin around some other websites that show that you can download another OS to ur android phone (for example Windows XP) and run 32 or 64 bit programs from there. I have been meaning to do it but due to missing drivers i'd rather not risk stalling or bricking my phone in some way at least until I know I'll be satisfied and can still use it as a phone on the other boot.
  17. RHY3756547

It'll be better this way - running windows x86 on an ARM device (andriod, ios) generally involves a really slow emulator like Bochs or QEMU, which can't really play the original TSO let alone FreeSO. Our engine natively compiles to ARM via Mono's ahead of time c# compilation.
  18. Noel

Noel Member

Oh okay, I was just retelling what I had seen on some post on Reddit but I could understand as to why it would be a big complication. Again I dont know much about computer stuff only the simple stuff but if we could play the Sims on our cell devices that would be amazing and really would make my whole day better :D:D Hope everything is going well with everybody and that we all see each other later in game :p
  19. mallhew

mallhew Member

Any updates on the global server?
  20. RHY3756547

No.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.