Road to Live Release (archive)

Discussion in 'Development News' started by RHY3756547, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoyo

yoyo Active Member

very excited to see the lots don't have to be gray nothingness anymore. Island lots are going to be cooler now. I like the added UI for expanding the lot sizes, very glad that the ambient sounds got implemeted too, imissed hearing those :) Surprised how well the server is coming along as well!
    Very glad to see so much progress in a relatively short amount of time lately, thank you for all the hard work you've been putting into this project rhys. Keep it up!
  2. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]
    Multiple lots open at once, cos I didnt really show this before. Right now running at 1-2% cpu for both of these lots, and there are still optimisations to be made for routing, placement collision and room map generation.

I've cleaned up the connection lifecycle a lot more, and it's considerably easier to switch lots. It's also really fast and has a cool animation. :cool:

[​IMG]
    WIP for roadless lots.
    zero35, Nahuel3d, Absentee and 11 others like this.
  3. DaZ

DaZ Member

Amazing work, can't wait to see the end product, is there a list of things to show whats new in this version by any chance once the global server is up and running? Would love to know what is different to the old TSO and what new exciting plans are being put in place?
  4. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Active Member

I absolutely love your interior design, that chair facing the wall gives it such a awesome accent.
    yoyo likes this.
  5. RHY3756547

That's exterior design.
    Full details on changes will be available when they're relevant.
  6. Nahuel3d

Nahuel3d Active Member

How is the global server going? Can you buy lots, build them, create Sims, and everything is in sync?
  7. Christopher

Christopher Member

I think that chair would constitute as exterior design ;)
  8. jkjoebo

jkjoebo Member

scroll up 4 posts back from your post.. it has pictures of the global server
  9. Tori Sim

Tori Sim Active Member

There appears to be an issue connecting to freeso.ml, or any server at this time, does anyone know why by chance? o_O
    Rachel and jimla like this.
  10. Nahuel3d

Nahuel3d Active Member

I know, i asked because in the pictures and videos it looks like there's a lot of progress on it.
  11. Rachel

Rachel New Member

yeah... it's still not working. I'm glad I am not the only one having issues. I thought it was my computer at first.

edit: it is working now!!!
    Tori Sim and jimla like this.
  12. RHY3756547

Skills, Skill locks and Job Titles now working via the TSO data service, with updated UI in FreeSO:
    upload_2016-9-22_4-47-4.png
    upload_2016-9-22_4-47-28.png
    upload_2016-9-22_4-47-52.png
    Working on sync of Skill Locks. After that, need to make sync work while connected to a SimAntics VM. (skill lock requests are routed through vm, we get up to date skill and relationship data from VM)

Relationship Data Service working with real TSO
    Useful for figuring out how the relationship web should work in FreeSO.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. RHY3756547

14. DaZ

DaZ Member

So much progress made, excellent RHY, curious with the jobs will you be able to make more in the future from the official jobs in the game? even add a situation where you actually go to the job and do the work there so you can communicate with other sims during working hours etc or is that not possible?
  15. RHY3756547

Jobs in The Sims Online were strictly playable multiplayer minigames. See: https://archive.org/details/EALand_WorkAsWaiter

Only the robot job works correctly in our SimAntics implementation. Somethng weird happens to the NPC servers/customers when you try the waiter job, and Nightclub requires special plugins.
    yoyo likes this.
  16. DaZ

DaZ Member

Ah right I never played EA Land, I only played old TSO, is that something that you are able to fix for the global release?
  17. Stormicus

Stormicus New Member

I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!! Thank you sooo much for working on this! Where can I donate coffee money? You guys are amazing for doing this and I need you to stay awake until you finish it's pretty much the only way I can help... ;)
    yoyo likes this.
  18. thercfr3ak

thercfr3ak New Member

Damn that becomes better and better, please write a warning saying 18+ next time. :D
  19. Tori Sim

Tori Sim Active Member

Rhys, those last posts literally made me squeel LOL Nice work!! :D
    RainCloud, jimla, yoyo and 1 other person like this.
  20. yoyo

yoyo Active Member

i love this rhys. even the smallest updates feel like big reveals :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.