Simming Online

Discussion in 'Play-Tests' started by RHY3756547, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

Remember that servers still take a time proportional to the uptime to connect to since state serialization is not a thing yet. This should change quite soon though.
    zc456 likes this.
  2. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

I'll keep that in mind.
    As always, I look forward.
  3. LetsRaceBwoi

LetsRaceBwoi Well-Known Member

Will edit my server list entry accordingly :)
    zc456 likes this.
  4. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks.
  5. LetsRaceBwoi

Edited with all information and a link back here. Awesome work on the website, too, by the way.
    zc456 likes this.
  6. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Been be a webmaster for a long time.
  7. LetsRaceBwoi

Nice. Must be pretty fun. I've been a webmaster, like, once, and that was it.
  8. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

It depends. Before I got my Raspberry Pi, I was pretty much limited to the hosts' terms of service wasn't always good since I relied on free hosts for such a long time. My past experience with Ubuntu Server on VBox and old laptops also gave me server admin experience and pretty much gives me confidence that I can guarantee Simming Online will happen. Overall, now that I call the moves with my Pi, it's a lot more fun.
  9. LetsRaceBwoi

I've actually done more hosting than I thought, but it wasn't really public - I've played with Apache a lot, especially back when I made TSS and Zapp'd.
    Also, is the RPi a very good host? I was thinking about using it for the server list.
  10. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

Yeah. The Pi 2 has a decent amount specs that make it entry level worthy. I'll admit, an private server for an MMO for this kinda hardware is a bit of a gamble.
  11. LetsRaceBwoi

Yeah, but it would be okay for simple pings and JSON serialization. I'll look in to buying one (I have the original Pi Model B).
  12. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

Good luck!
  13. LetsRaceBwoi

Thanks, and good luck to you too :)
  14. RHY3756547

You won't be able to run many lot instances on a raspberry pi. Mono should at least work on it, though.
  15. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

Mono does work and I'm not after large group instances, just enough for something small.
  16. LetsRaceBwoi

What about some form of cluster? If the VM was programmed to utilize it, would it not work well?
  17. RHY3756547

The city server will support use of multiple external simulator servers. I've discussed this in the past.
  18. LetsRaceBwoi

Alright then. I recall you talking about them with Zack now, sorry.
  19. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

Event scheduled for tomorrow (October 17th, 2015) at 6PM, EST. Latest master build, as always.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    Clonest likes this.
  20. Remixful

Remixful Active Member

Interesting. I'm in the EST timezone, so I think tomorrows schedule works perfectly for me. See you there! :3
    nicefunfungirl and zc456 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.