So, uh... who needs help?

Discussion in 'Contribute' started by damondamore, Mar 21, 2016.

1. damondamore

damondamore New Member

Hey!

I'm Damondamore you might know me if you're involved in the sims 1 comuinity as the world's slowest object hacker-- sorry about that I have a day job then I staff a convention and then I hack sims objects.

I've worn many hats and as well as still actively hacking for sims 1 I an good with photoshop write music and speak German as my second language (not always amazingly well but even the Germans avoid the Dative case.)

A lot of what I learned about the sims 1 objects is based on trial-and-error and looking at Maxis objects, learning the Maxis objects don't always work the best and then sighing loudly enough that I think Maxis can hear me all the way on the other side of the country. I'm more than happy to pitch in a lot of places, just let me know.
    Tirea and RHY3756547 like this.
  2. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

Hey, glad to see you here!
    Unfortunately, things aren't going to be going in many directions till I can get my 50 page dissertation out of the way... @Cytlan is currently working on decoding the TS1 lot format, which could be useful for a TS1 port of our engine, perhaps you could share some insight there?
  3. damondamore

damondamore New Member

I totally understand that!
    I can possibly answer specific questions or help him throw hex values at the file and see what sticks. Most of what I know about lots is what (surprisingly!) isn't in the lot file. I see there's a thread so I'll pop over to that.
  4. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

Youre welcome over here, any help is apretiated.
    damondamore likes this.