(Somewhat) Making of the Summer Render

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sindle, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Sindle

Sindle Well-Known Member

When making a render for FreeSO (of the 3 times I've done it so far) I have made a rough sketch of what I want the end result to look like. And me being me, I like to doodle on sticky notes, so here's the original sketch for the summer render!
    [​IMG]
    Which is pretty different from how the final render turned out.
    [​IMG]
    I mean just look at them.
    But why? You may or may not be asking yourself. I don't know, I'm not a mind reader (I hope).
    Well when I started placing the set pieces of the render in a 3D scene, it just wasn't vibing with me.
    [​IMG]
    And this is about as far as this version got before I decided to start over.
    [​IMG]
    With this marginally less primitive incarnation! But even still this wasn't quite vibing with me. So I decided to start over (again)!
    [​IMG]
    And I finally had something I was vibing with! This version slowly but surely evolved into the final version seen on Twitter and in #freeso-news on the Discord!
    [​IMG]
    Until I realized there needed to be a beach ball because that was also kind of an important part of the update.
    [​IMG]
    And with the addition of the beach ball lazily tossed in (and some improvements to the shadows) the render was completed!
    [​IMG]
    Also enjoy this close up of two ice cream lesbians.