The Sims Edit X

Discussion in 'Programming' started by aidancheddar, May 3, 2014.

1. aidancheddar

aidancheddar Active Member

Note: this is unfinished, at the moment!
    Before I get bugged any more about this, yes I am still working on The Sims Edit X. :rolleyes: New Sims 2 may have had a rocky end, but this is still a small enough project to work with. Who knows, I may even restart that Sims 2 restore project if this goes well. So, here's a picture of the development so far...
    [​IMG]
    Just the GUI so far. No functions written in yet. The original...
    [​IMG]
  2. William

William Member

Nice! :) So whats this edit suppose to do? :\
  3. heat33330

heat33330 Member

What're you coding this in? C#? Looks nice so far though. :)
  4. aidancheddar

The Sims Edit X basically gives you flexibility to edit your Sim's personality, skills, and relationships, ect, the same way you can in The Sims 2 with Testing Cheats enabled. The original Sims Edit functioned the same, but is incompatible with the later versions of the game.

C++, actually.
    heat33330 likes this.
  5. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

Good luck with it, hope you will add support for latest expansions pack, because source code is so old, i does not contain methods to do modifications, for the latest versions game files...
    aidancheddar likes this.
  6. heat33330

heat33330 Member

7. William

William Member

Ahh okay :) Thats great :p
  8. francot514

Btw, are you using linux instead of windows??? or will port it for booth??
  9. aidancheddar

Porting it too both. I just feel comfortable on Linux.
  10. francot514

And why decided to change to c++, any special consideration with that?
  11. aidancheddar

Short answer: Personal preference, really.
    Long answer: I studied the language in the past. Then, I decided to put it down after hearing about "bad" it was and went on trying other languages. After doing a complete circle, I wind up back at C++. The perks of this is that C++ is Qt's, the UI toolkit used to create The Sims Edit X, native language, and a good portion of NioTSO is written in this language too.
  12. aidancheddar

[​IMG]
    Second redesign. I quite like this one since it's very compact. Just gotta figure out how to rename and add more tabs. Would have shown this on Windows but my anti-virus threw a fit, despite it having no logic programmed into it yet.
    Nahuel3d likes this.
  13. francot514

Can you make it looks more like windows style, i really think need some kind of sims themed appereance...
  14. aidancheddar

I would have shown the Windows screen shots, if my anti-virus didn't yell at me. Qt, the UI toolkit I'm using, adapts to the system you're on, so it'll be Windows style on your computer without a single change to the code.
  15. aidancheddar

Windows version.
    [​IMG]
    Again, non-functional, at the moment, but at least my anti-virus didn't throw a fit this time.
  16. William

William Member

Very Neat! I think it would look better in windows 8.
  17. nicefunfungirl

nicefunfungirl Active Member

I'm lucky then!
  18. francot514

You could add some sims style colors like blue themed...
  19. aidancheddar

I'll probably add themes after it's stable, but it honestly doesn't seem necessary. As long as it works.
  20. francot514

Ok, and what library are you using for reading iff files, or you will make it hex editing??