The Sims in......Game Maker

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Nahuel3d, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Nahuel3d

Nahuel3d Active Member

The Game Maker Language is an easy to learn, yet useful scripting language, and i thought, why not making a remix between The Sims 2(Pets, Base and Castaway) for PS2 and the PC versions of The Sims, for Android and Windows?
    So i decided to give it a shot, it's going pretty well
    It will be like the PS2 version, this project is nostalgic :p
    I'm currently coding the Build/Buy Mode:
    Terrain Painting:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Minecraft-Like Rain(Still working on it :p):
    [​IMG]
    Walls and Floor:
    [​IMG]
    Simple but useful custom shadow and light system:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. LetsRaceBwoi

LetsRaceBwoi Well-Known Member

That is awesome! Are you going to implement controller support?
    Nahuel3d likes this.
  3. Nahuel3d

Nahuel3d Active Member

Yup! I'm going to implement direct control too :D
    I'll struggle a lot with the controller support tho, i have a controller but i never implemented controller support on Game Maker, but i'm gonna do it, i know i can :p
  4. LetsRaceBwoi

If you want I could test with my PS3 controller for you if you don't have one. The easiest way to make it compatible with every controller ever is to make the controls mappable to any button or axis by the user.
  5. Nahuel3d

Nahuel3d Active Member

Oh, i already have a PS3 Controller :p, but yeah, i'll make the controls mappable
    If everything goes okay, maybe you could test it with another controller?
    LetsRaceBwoi likes this.
  6. LetsRaceBwoi

Yeah, I have another PS3-styled wired controller somewhere that I used to use for Steam games until I got my PS3 one, and I'm pretty sure the buttons aren't mapped to the same inputs as an Xbox or PS3 one. That reminds me, I can test with an Xbox 360 and Xbox One controller (the former I already have, the latter I'm getting soon).
  7. Nahuel3d

Nahuel3d Active Member

Thanks for the support :D
    I'll work on the controller support later, i'm too tired right now :p
    But the project is still in a very early stage, so it will be just a test
  8. LetsRaceBwoi

No problem. I actually play a lot more games than people think with a controller & custom hooks. To name a few, Minecraft, Sonic Generations, my N64 emulator, and my Mega Drive / Genesis emulator.
    Good luck.
  9. nicefunfungirl

nicefunfungirl Active Member

I wonder,can The Sims 2 PS2 be somewhat done on PC? I miss the times i could make a sim with my sister and we'd play around together like we always did.

(also,If your gonna add controller support,Let there be some option to use Xbox 360 Controller or PS4 Buttons.)
  10. LetsRaceBwoi

You know you can get emulators right? If you have 2 controllers you can configure it to use 2, but it will only emulate well if you have good specs. From what I've found, anything above an Intel HD 3000 would probably cut it as long as you have a CPU either >3GHz with 2 or more cores or >2GHz with 4 or more cores and hyperthreading. You need about 3-4GB of RAM too.
  11. -BloodFighter-

-BloodFighter- Active Member

Looks interesting.. lets see how it goes..
    Nahuel3d and LetsRaceBwoi like this.
  12. nicefunfungirl

I know but.. Look..

[​IMG]

Quite honestly,despite this,games run good. Just with low,some high's,mediums.

But i am afraid of emulator results. and i have 4.00 (3.48 GB Usable) Ram
  13. LetsRaceBwoi

Dual core 1.9GHz
    You never know until you try it though, I'd try it anyway.
  14. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

The Sims 2 for console only really works in dolphin (gamecube) and if it's anything like TS1 GCN it'll run slow unless you pass 2.6 Ghz
  15. LetsRaceBwoi

Why? Does it have issues in PCSX2? I don't see many problems with that emulator often at all. Dolphin seems to hate my configuration though, either that or Windwaker doesn't work correctly because I've tweaked around and the most I get is 40fps and I glitch through some of the floors often...
  16. Nahuel3d

Nahuel3d Active Member

Yeah, same, i used to play it with my cousin, any controller will be compatible since the controls are mappable(You can assign any button to any action)
  17. Nahuel3d

Nahuel3d Active Member

Added simple snow, fixed some transparency issues and updated rain:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    LetsRaceBwoi and yoyo like this.
  18. nicefunfungirl

Is there ANYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG i can do?
  19. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

You could always try it and pray... (will most likely run at half speed)
    LetsRaceBwoi likes this.
  20. LetsRaceBwoi

Frame skipping could be ideal but anything more than about 1 is probably unplayable. The audio would also sound glitches and there are fixes for that - but said fixes usually slow down the emulation.
    Last time I emulated a PS2, even with my specs, it was extremely unstable, so now I just use an actual PS2 hooked up to - you guessed it - my centre monitor. You should really buy a PS2 (or find it) because that's the best way to play and you can get them dirt cheap these days.