TSO-SE Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other TSO related projects' started by Blayer98, Jul 29, 2014.

1. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

Cool, loving the lime green grass.
    Blayer98 likes this.
  2. Blayer98

Blayer98 Active Member

Ok, I've just found a way to get Buy and Build mode on the lot. Turns out it's very simple. :D

1. Logon to Select-A-Sim as normal.
    2. Sign as your first Sim, send hostonlinepdu.dat, simpage_main_avatar_name, and myavatar_avatar_appearance, then send loadavatarbyid as normal.
    3. (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AT LEAST TWO CITIES OR THIS WON'T WORK.)
    4. Send currentcity_city_reservedlotinfo.dat and enter the lot. (propertypage info doesn't matter)
    5. Enter the lot with updateroompdu.dat, joinhouseresponse.dat, and housedata_nonetworkhouse_sand.dat
    6. send simpage_mylot.dat, and myavatar_avatar_lotgridxy.dat, then send disconnect.dat. (DO NOT CLOSE cityserver.exe!)
    7. Then, proceed to create a new sim, send hostonlinepdu.dat, then press Accept. (What Avatar you create doesn't matter either.)
    8. Once you press Accept, send newcharactercreatedresponse.dat.
    9. NOW.... Send simpage_main_avatar_name.dat and myavatar_avatar_appearance.dat. (MAKE SURE ITS THE SAME DATA FOR THE LAST SIM YOU LOGGED ON AS!)
    10. Send loadavatarbyid.dat now, and then once the city loads, send currentcity_city_reservedlotinfo.dat, and then enter the lot as normal.
    11. DO NOT SEND updateroompdu.dat, but send joinhouseresponse.dat and housedata_nonetworkhouse instead.
    12. Build, Buy and Property Mode should now be enabled. (Nothing will work yet though since you need packets for basically all functions.)

If anyone's confused, all that happened was that by making yourself the owner of the lot, the game keeps this stored in memory until you leave the city.
    Disconnecting then means that the game will save this data and assign it to your Avatar. Select A Sim will now display the lot's name and thumbnail below the city. But, creating a new sim, then assigning your first sim's data, means you're still keeping the properties of that sim, including the lot ownership. So, when you spawn the lot and then enter it, you'll have Build, Buy and Property Mode unlocked for you because you specified earlier that YOU'RE the Sim who owns it, and because the game saved that information prior to disconnection.

Basically, what I did was that I exploited the save functionality of the lot data. :) (I actually found this out by complete accident!) Also, because the packet without _sand at the end erroneously puts the terrain type as lime green with no blades, (because we never specified it in this packet) I'm dubbing this glitch, the GET OFF MY LAWN! glitch! :D

Also, at least @Fatbag doesn't have to go through this now... :p
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    pisarz1958 likes this.
  3. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

So big work getting able to use buy mode, but really why that grass is not looking like "normal"?
    Blayer98 likes this.
  4. Blayer98

Blayer98 Active Member

5. AquilaSim

AquilaSim Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Did you really read completely what Blayer said...?
    Blayer98 likes this.
  6. Blayer98

Blayer98 Active Member

Anyway, I've also gotten Bookmarks working (Sort of...) Any roommates on your lot are automatically added to the Bookmarks.
    upload_2016-1-16_15-48-8.png
  7. Blayer98

Blayer98 Active Member

upload_2016-1-16_15-55-4.png
    With the inbox, the dropdown always displays your bookmarked sims.
  8. Blayer98

Blayer98 Active Member

upload_2016-1-16_16-23-53.png

Main SimPage is almost working now, Only things to do are:
    Add Sims to Bookmarks.
    Working findplayerresponsepdu.dat packet for Where Am I? and Send Message to this Sim.
    Relationship Webs (Not sure how this'll work lol)

Things to do on the rest of the SimPage:
    Sim Achievements and Skills
    Sim Relationships
    Sim Permission Options
  9. nicefunfungirl

nicefunfungirl Active Member

I don't even know how to setup NIOTSO :mad: I have FreeSO like everyone obviously xD,is there a way to also join in on this too? (Although if i have to be able to code and script and such,im useless,and will probably be unable.)
  10. Blayer98

Blayer98 Active Member

For some reason the game sends a 75 byte packet when choosing not to invite a roommate. If you choose to invite them, a 33 byte packet is made.
    I will probably post the files and the cityserver.exe file in a .zip in a bit, no promises though, since my focus is currently now on the messaging system (I just made a post about it)
    http://forum.freeso.org/threads/gdm-files-from-tso.985/#post-15637
  11. nicefunfungirl

nicefunfungirl Active Member

Alrighty! I understand and even respect this. :3
  12. xXJDrocks450Xx

xXJDrocks450Xx Well-Known Member

Wow great progress on TSO-SE/NIOTSO! It's really cool that you got the original updater working again (sort of)
    pisarz1958 and Blayer98 like this.
  13. Blayer98

Blayer98 Active Member

14. xXJDrocks450Xx

Buddy.png
    This is really cool to see it working again.
    EDIT: Also I like the witty comments that Maxis put into the updater. For Example "Take a guess... Still verifying"
  15. Blayer98

Blayer98 Active Member

Don't use trans.marimba.com since you're actually downloading the channel store, and the patcher will delete itself, use TempBuddy if it does get removed though.
  16. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

17. xXJDrocks450Xx

Don't worry I made a copy of the TSOPatch folder, so I still have the original files Backed up. I just wanted to see the patcher doing something again, besides spiting out errors. :p
    Blayer98 likes this.
  18. I think it very difficult,You can make a tutorial?
  19. xXJDrocks450Xx

There is a tutorial, I'll find the post on niotso.org and link it back to this post for you.
    EDIT: There is a "Do it yourself" at the bottom of this post linked here (Hopefully that's what you wanted help with ;))
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  20. I already saw the tutorial there, complex :(