TSO Ville offline gameplay alternative

Discussion in 'Other TSO related projects' started by francot514, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Wewikk88

Wewikk88 New Member

Do I have to put this in my Sims Online folder for this to work?
  2. pisarz1958

pisarz1958 Administrator Staff Member Moderator

^ of course not.

Attempt #2.
    Ok, you fixed a couple of things I told you about, but I'd prefer a more obvious way to go further from CAS so people won't end up closing their game ("x" button made sense in old UX flow, in current one it doesn't make any sense though).

It's still not obvious how would you open the game itself. I managed to get stuck in gray world with NOTHING and then throw OutOfMemory exception, which is interesting, cause I have 12 gigs of RAM ._.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    Tori Sim likes this.
  3. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

Not at all, just if youre using Linux should add game folder to the program.

Still dont know why dont work for you, you have used latest link i posted https://www.dropbox.com/s/gq0ak975enkzw7p/TSOVilleV1.3b.rar?dl=1? you can run FreeSO normally without any problem??

The out of memory exception is how the game manage memory, so for a C# app will be few portion of your system memory. Try installing Monogame framework. 3.4, if you have newer, replace in the program folder.
  4. pisarz1958

Nevermind.

You should at least include a tutorial or add better exception handling. It's not obvious that you need to select a Sim through gizmo first. Also, reloading the lot breaks everything. It's really confusing. Seems like "Sims"/"Properties" switch doesn't work reliably as well.

http://i.imgur.com/AtUTwRg.gifv

So, if you've forgotten to select a sim, then tried to load a lot, you're getting OutOfMemory error.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  5. francot514

This error never happened to me, i tihnk your Monogame or system config should be different in some way than mine, unless youre testing it with Virtual box, or something else, this should not happen with good specs and Windows 7/8 system.
  6. pisarz1958

Um, Windows 10, 12 gigs of RAM. Sure, I have Intel GPU but it handles surprising amount of things just fine including FreeSO. It's still confusing though.
  7. francot514

Thanks for clarify me that you use Windows 10, havent had changed to test it using Direcxt 11 and Windows 10, so i think will need to wait to give that system support.
  8. francot514

Back with the party, working on Job lots.

[​IMG]
    Erin Friedrichs likes this.