HELP ME - FREESO

Did you install using JDRocks installer? Looks like your sims online files are either in the wrong folder (try move them to C:/Program Files/Maxis/The Sims Online/) or the registry entry didn't add correctly.

If you did use his installer, did you use the version posted today?

Yes, I downloaded the JD ROCKS installer! Which folders do I need to move? And where?
Yes, I used the version posted today.
Do you say version # 394?

Yes, I downloaded the JD ROCKS installer! Which folders do I need to move? And where?
Yes, I used the version posted today.
Do you say version # 394?
Just a suggestion on what I had to do after using JDrock's installer: If you have got the FreeSO folder in "C:\Program Files\Maxis\", cut all the contents inside of the folder to: "C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\packingslips"

LOOK:
15595804_1292449487480167_143410889_o.png

The problem is that you have got the ENTIRE "The Sims Online" folder in "FreeSO"
*If all you did was run JDrocks installer then the directories should be fine.*
You should reinstall The Sims Online in the right location though. You can do that by first deleting the first FreeSO folder in program files and then run The Sims Online setup manually.
It is important to install The Sims Online properly to its default location through its own setup.
The location that The Sims Online by default should be installed at: "C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\" The location that FreeSO should be: C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\packingslips
With your current install directory I would say cut all the contents of "C:\Program Files\FreeSO\The Sims Online\FreeSO" to "C:\Program Files\FreeSO\The Sims Online\TSOClient"

If you are unsure then you can just wait for Rhys, I'm sure he will help you better than what I can :p

Last edited:
Move "The Sims Online" out of FreeSO folder and into C:/Program Files/Maxis/

The registry change might not be working correctly on x86.

Back