Active Development Discussion

I have no screenshot or error message for this (and it might actually have been before the most recent patch this morning so perhaps was already sorted), but I had one instance of getting "stuck" in the buffet table. I was restocking it and the ui flickered (all? just the dialog box? not sure) and the dialog box was simply gone. My Sim was waiting for it to release her, though. After a fairly short amount of time the UI refreshed and the box came back. I appeared to still be stuck but it turned out this was only on my screen. My avatar was actually moving off to the next item in the queue. My computer caught up a short time (less than it took for the UI to refresh) later and everything proceeded as normal. (The same might happen in the dressers? I couldn't get anyone to actually describe it when they talked about it. but one did say Xing out of the window did nothing.)

why cant i install the sims online because i tried and when i get to the install directory it says this program has crashed all the time!! I really wanna play.... :(

My face glowed when I registered and successfully logged into the server. I played for like ten minutes because, I need to go to bed for school but, I gotta say something. Rhy, I am proud of you lad, we've come so far as a community. Good night gang :D

I'm madly in love with this game.
I played it for the first time ever yesterday evening and was truly amazed.

I'm experiencing some problems though:
1. I get 27 to 35 fps on my GTX 1060 6GB; i3-6100; 8GB Ram rig and there's plenty of lag. I play at 1440p with shadows and lightning at low.
2. On my laptop the game is literally unplayable even at a much lower resolution.
World "map" is extremely laggy and joining the lot is mission impossible. I doubt it could load all items on bigger lots.
Frame rate is likely around 5fps average.
Specs: Geforce 310M 1GB; i5-460M 2.5-2.8ghz; 4GB Ram

I set application priority to high on both systems and run the app as administrator.
There isn't anything CPU/RAM consuming running in the background either.

PS: I really want to play with my girlfriend and any help will be MUCH appreciated.
I'd install the game on our Android phones but they're both at 2 gigs of Ram with low to mid range APU's.

How do you get 35 fps on a GTX 1060. Are you attempting to run it on 100W power? Granted your cpu is really bad, so that might explain things.

My laptop runs at 60 on intel HD. (apart from smooth zoom) I do not know what you are doing to slow the game down so much.

How do you get 35 fps on a GTX 1060. Are you attempting to run it on 100W power? Granted your cpu is really bad, so that might explain things.

My laptop runs at 60 on intel HD. (apart from smooth zoom) I do not know what you are doing to slow the game down so much.

Up until now the GTX 1060 hasn't been bottlenecked by my CPU in any game. I'm getting anywhere between 50 and 120fps in most modern games at QHD and Very High to Ultra settings. It is just a few frames apart from it's i5 and i7 Skylake brothers coupled with this particular GPU. I found it quite shocking to realize that it even does slightly better than the i5-6600k in almost any modern game(again - coupled with a 1060 6GB).
Having said that none of the games I played/tested were simulators which are usually quite demanding on CPU.
I thought it could be my global 3D settings in Control Panel but that doesn't seem to be the case since CP doesn't find the path to the exe. and this's perfectly fine with me.
No, it isn't power limited in any way as far as I know.
Last thing: it's a 64bit Win 10 system.
EDIT: Come to think of it. Could it be that the game is only run by my CPU and its integrated graphics ?
Didn't check this as it has never happened before with any game. Will get a chance to test it this evening.
Anyone with a 1060 ? Please share your experience so far.

PS: Any suggestion for my Laptop ?
It's a 64bit Win 10 system once again with rig specs mentioned above.
Things there are to say it mildly - unplayable.

Last edited:
My laptop is comparable, except it is quad core and turbos to 3.4 ghz (870M gpu, but I run with intel hd 4600). I think the fact that your machine is a dual core i3 might be literally wiping the floor with our rendering performance. In that it can't render at all.

I've never skimped on CPU (for a very good reason) so I can't run tests on any devices that don't have a core basically free all the time. Here are a few reasons CPU performance might be important:

• Incredibly high draw call thoroughput is required for rendering many sprites with different textures.
  • To reduce the number of draw calls, sprites are batched into groups with matching texture. Many sprite lists are generated by the CPU (walls and floors large offenders).
  • (the above two ONLY HAPPEN WHEN SCROLLING PAST A 500px BOUND OR SMOOTH ZOOM, so they should not affect performance live)
  • UI is not optimised at all. Many things are recalculated or rerendered during the draw step, instead of buffering elements that are unlikely to change any time soon. This will be very expensive to change.
Again, no way to fix this if I don't know what's causing it. I'm easily hitting 144 fps on a 680, since GPU will NEVER be the bottleneck in our rendering pipeline.

My laptop is comparable, except it is quad core and turbos to 3.4 ghz (870M gpu, but I run with intel hd 4600). I think the fact that your machine is a dual core i3 might be literally wiping the floor with our rendering performance. In that it can't render at all.

I've never skimped on CPU (for a very good reason) so I can't run tests on any devices that don't have a core basically free all the time. Here are a few reasons CPU performance might be important:

• Incredibly high draw call thoroughput is required for rendering many sprites with different textures.
  • To reduce the number of draw calls, sprites are batched into groups with matching texture. Many sprite lists are generated by the CPU (walls and floors large offenders).
  • (the above two ONLY HAPPEN WHEN SCROLLING PAST A 500px BOUND OR SMOOTH ZOOM, so they should not affect performance live)
  • UI is not optimised at all. Many things are recalculated or rerendered during the draw step, instead of buffering elements that are unlikely to change any time soon. This will be very expensive to change.
Again, no way to fix this if I don't know what's causing it. I'm easily hitting 144 fps on a 680, since GPU will NEVER be the bottleneck in our rendering pipeline.

Thanks turns out my GF left half refresh vsync as a global setting. This was causing the problem.
Now I can run the game at 4k and max out on fps.
I'm noticing the app has vsync implemented as it syncs fps with my monitor's refresh rate.

PS: Only problem now is my poor old laptop.

Have you ever thought about a better routing system? Playing the restaurant game isn't perfect with this routing system and cause a bit of trouble.

Another suggestion: Don't change the color of the chat bubbles! It would be nice if they would stay the same for the same person the entire time you're on a lot. Makes it easier to distinguish people.

I also got those errors:

freeso1.png

freeso2.png

Last edited:
why cant i install the sims online because i tried and when i get to the install directory it says this program has crashed all the time!! I really wanna play.... :(
On newer computers you need to "Run as Administrator" - do you have that option when you right-click on the installer?

I have looked around for a post about this so if there is one I apologize.
Regarding the custom content that was removed from the store this week, will it be restored? May I ask why it was removed? I bought several pieces of the Oblique kitchen set and I was in the middle of earning more money to afford more. I really like that set! Such a bummer.

Back