Active Development Discussion

The custom content was unintentional during this Beta and was not meant to be included in the first place. It was not converted to ensure it worked with FreeSO properly and was causing issues for some people.

Technically you still have your counters, you just might not be able to access them because they don't show in your inventory catalog.
If you have stuff in your inventory you can try placing it on your lot to reveal your counters, BUT you may run into some problems, depending on what you've got in your inventory.
If everything you have in inventory (both seen and unseen) can be placed on the floor then you will be fine. But if you have anything that requires a wall or must be placed on a surface then the game may have problems figuring out how to empty your inventory.
If your inventory IS being wonky submit a ticket at freeso.net and Maria will contact you and help you out. (You wot end up with the counters though. They would rather phase the CC out of beta)

As you place everything from your inventory weird things may happen such as you choose a chair to place and it looks like it is gonna place that chair but SURPRISE it is one of your counters that actually shows. :) Once you have the stuff out of your inventory you can keep it on your lot (sorta risky) or sell it and get some cash back.

The custom content was unintentional during this Beta and was not meant to be included in the first place. It was not converted to ensure it worked with FreeSO properly and was causing issues for some people.

Technically you still have your counters, you just might not be able to access them because they don't show in your inventory catalog.
If you have stuff in your inventory you can try placing it on your lot to reveal your counters, BUT you may run into some problems, depending on what you've got in your inventory.
If everything you have in inventory (both seen and unseen) can be placed on the floor then you will be fine. But if you have anything that requires a wall or must be placed on a surface then the game may have problems figuring out how to empty your inventory.
If your inventory IS being wonky submit a ticket at freeso.net and Maria will contact you and help you out. (You wot end up with the counters though. They would rather phase the CC out of beta)

As you place everything from your inventory weird things may happen such as you choose a chair to place and it looks like it is gonna place that chair but SURPRISE it is one of your counters that actually shows. :) Once you have the stuff out of your inventory you can keep it on your lot (sorta risky) or sell it and get some cash back.
I noticed that! I ended up having to put the Oblique chairs in my inventory since I didn't have enough of them for the kitchen. Later, I tried to place wall lights and instead of a light one of the chairs appeared. I have 4 chairs but it was random. Sometimes it would be a light, sometimes it would be a chair. Kind of funny. I'm going to place them somewhere because I want to keep them without them messing with my inventory.

I have looked around for a post about this so if there is one I apologize.
Regarding the custom content that was removed from the store this week, will it be restored? May I ask why it was removed? I bought several pieces of the Oblique kitchen set and I was in the middle of earning more money to afford more. I really like that set! Such a bummer.
Due to instability and various bugs, the custom content was disabled from the catalog. In addiction to that, parsimonious (the content creator) didn't give a clear indication if she agreed completely for us to use it or not. You can still see it since its in the game, but it's not available to buy anymore.

Text font in chat windows is way to small. Sim ends up stuck in the floor after buying accessories like wings, tails etc. Money objects give same amounts of money regardless if its a money house, skill house, store or w/e

Do you think that it would be possible to make a pool update to the game that adds circular pools, waterslides, and those pool lounge things? If you could that would be amazing :)

Sorry if this has been asked previously, but are there any plans to implement another city other than Sunrise Crater?

Been following this in and out for past since since it was called project dollhouse.But I just have 1 question I couldn't seem to find the answer to, will this support lan play? For the longest I been assuming this project is the server when it seems it just been the client(client bootstrapper technically).I have a computer laying around I want to use to setup a server for tso for my kids as I don't let them have internet access unsupervised will I be able to do that with this?MY kids like to build things and of course the daughters love barbie.They play new sims games but they always ask me how they can visit each other and thought this be a swell idea but I don't want them visit strangers online or vice versa.
Ty in advance for any helpful answers

The game does currently support LAN play via sandbox mode, but it is not very sims-like at all and mostly for debug purposes/house building. A LAN version of TS1 is also possible, but our reimplementation of TS1 does not yet work completely.

I'd say the game should probably work. Neighbourhood save, CAS, visiting other lots and potentially saving there, taking motives back... etc

I do not see what the point of playing TS1 over a network is if it doesn't work at all. The game is a sum of all of its components.

Been searching and I apologize if this isn't the right thread for this question... Any updates on a mac installer? I tried following the steps on another forum post but apparently I am too mac illiterate to figure it out and keep getting stuck halfway through the TSO install section... I have it on my PC at home but I am a flight attendant and constantly traveling and only have a mac laptop. Would LOVE to play more! So addicted to this game after finding out it was back the other day! Thank you for all your hard work! It is so amazing!

Back