[ARCHIVE] Road to Live Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, don't know where I ask but let me ask a question.
I set up FreeSO today, with latest dist file (332) and succeeded to login the server.
but it looks like I can only save & load a house from my TSO client. I put a blueprint file into TSOclient/housedata/blueprints/house_00.xml
but it won't load out in the game. What should I do?

Hi, don't know where I ask but let me ask a question.
I set up FreeSO today, with latest dist file (332) and succeeded to login the server.
but it looks like I can only save & load a house from my TSO client. I put a blueprint file into TSOclient/housedata/blueprints/house_00.xml
but it won't load out in the game. What should I do?
Put it in FreeSO/Content/Blueprints or something like that

Thank you for the reply. I tried to put house_00.xml file to /TSOClient/Content/Blueprints/ either,
it shows up 2 of house_00.xml file listed in the game but both of not working.
It just load out previous data that I pushed 'Save House' button in the game.

Thank you for the reply. I tried to put house_00.xml file to /TSOClient/Content/Blueprints/ either,
it shows up 2 of house_00.xml file listed in the game but both of not working.
It just load out previous data that I pushed 'Save House' button in the game.
Maybe it's corrupted then?

ea7446e19a4a0b1410e2f14820835e7c.gif

Global Link abstraction now has an implementation for plugins and budget using the real database. There's a lot more to come.

https://vid.me/CuU5
Now saving: lot state (10 large backup ring), person data (skills, outfits etc), motive data, time sync, plugin data.
Still need to set up object persist and inventory, along with relationship matrices (and lot thumbs!). Skills do not yet show on the UI, and probably need to invalidate the global server's avatar cache manually, as well as VMs hijacking and overwriting the local data service for immediate changes to skills etc to be represented.

upload_2016-6-30_1-8-27.png
Lot, object and plugin states are stored in a designated "networked file system" space, though it can really be local if there is only a single city/lot server in the cluster. Lot state uses a 10 large backup ring to try to protect from potential bad save states, server crashes, interrupted writes etc. When a save is successful, the database's ring number is moved onto the new backup.

See the last post I made, link at the top of it. It's also on our discord, along with some extra screenshots of recent developments...

unknown.png

unknown.png

coolblends.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

upload_2016-7-5_20-20-16.png

Smarter terrain blending on-lot. Needs a little bit of tweaking in places (harsh corners/edges there, maybe need a quadratic gradient). Will make lot represent a bit more of what you paid for on the map screen, and obviously make a lot more sense around neighbouring lots.

this looks so cool! i dont know if this question has been asked before, or if the feature was there in freeso.. just like the grass thing in ts1. can we add more sand/snow/dirt to our lots?

I will enable the grass tool alongside other terrain tools when they are working. You will be able to blend between the two blend types your lot has (grass/grass means that you have a "dead" grass state, grass/sand means sand is your "dead" state, etc)

I will enable the grass tool alongside other terrain tools when they are working. You will be able to blend between the two blend types your lot has (grass/grass means that you have a "dead" grass state, grass/sand means sand is your "dead" state, etc)
I'm so excited! Feels like progress is being made daily! I've been talking my friends ears off about it but they'll never be as excited as I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back