[ARCHIVE] Road to Live Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
LYvqgWK.png

What is this boy doing here?

that corner thing on a straight road doesn't even bother me... i didnt saw it at first lol. but great job rhys, amazing! i hope the dynamic lightning will be less orange in the GS, then it would be perfect!

thought it was a sim crosswalk till someone said its a corner on straight away.. way past cool that were on lot buying/lot backgrounds now

Inventory working. Had to make quite a few changes to the database structure, so would be a shame if someone were already hosting it and had to figure out what to change.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/959yp82ni3dgw1i/2016-07-14_18-03-50.mp4?dl=0

There are a few more loose ends with persist objects. I'll probably work on the person page and forced avatar/lot claim release next, so that the game doesn't break when you disconnect from the city server before the lot server.

Inventory working. Had to make quite a few changes to the database structure, so would be a shame if someone were already hosting it and had to figure out what to change.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/959yp82ni3dgw1i/2016-07-14_18-03-50.mp4?dl=0

There are a few more loose ends with persist objects. I'll probably work on the person page and forced avatar/lot claim release next, so that the game doesn't break when you disconnect from the city server before the lot server.
That's great! What type of changes did you make?

So, motives dont reset when you join a new lot? and like.. never reset? or..? also.. I WANT YOUR GODDAMN SOLID 60FPS. i sometimes have a few framedrops in freeso.ml lmao

Those gray backgrounds around lots in TS1 and TSO are the only thing I really disliked in them, thanks for fixing it <3
I'm sorry, In the newer builds... The Gray Space/Background is still there. ( Rhys made 3 Other or 2 lots show on one lot but you can visit/build on them. )

You will not be able to scroll that far soon, it's just that way for hollow lot testing purposes.
So, motives dont reset when you join a new lot? and like.. never reset? or..? also.. I WANT YOUR GODDAMN SOLID 60FPS. i sometimes have a few framedrops in freeso.ml lmao
Is it me or the game is super smooth
I only get smooth performance when I'm using an NVIDIA GPU, intel tends to stutter a bit with all the draw calls I push out. The video was also recorded on a 4.5Ghz CPU, which helps...

Motive, skills and other data persists cross lot. Motive data will have replenishment rules off-lot (using time-since-last-left-lot), but they are currently not implemented.

You will not be able to scroll that far soon, it's just that way for hollow lot testing purposes.

I only get smooth performance when I'm using an NVIDIA GPU, intel tends to stutter a bit with all the draw calls I push out. The video was also recorded on a 4.5Ghz CPU, which helps...

Motive, skills and other data persists cross lot. Motive data will have replenishment rules off-lot (using time-since-last-left-lot), but they are currently not implemented.
Do you think my old laptop will handle it without too much hassle?
Specs: GPU Nvidia 310M 1GB; CPU i5 M460 2.5(2.8Ghz); 4GB DDR3
Or do I have to run it on a decent PC ?
Last time I spent a couple grand on a gaming PC I promised myself it's the last time.
I mostly use laptops these days(since they are portable and I hate tablets) and occasionally game on the PS4.
The 1k series from Nvidia is tempting tho.

Do you think my old laptop will handle it without too much hassle?
Specs: GPU Nvidia 310M 1GB; CPU i5 M460 2.5(2.8Ghz); 4GB DDR3
Or do I have to run it on a decent PC ?
Last time I spent a couple grand on a gaming PC I promised myself it's the last time.
I mostly use laptops these days(since they are portable and I hate tablets) and occasionally game on the PS4.
The 1k series from Nvidia is tempting tho.
Laptops will obviously be fine, as long as the lot you're on is too complex and you tune your settings to your (V-)RAM amount (eg. no background lots on 2-4GB RAM). The biggest problem (and arguably least solvable) is that we need to decompress all sprites in the game to load them into the GPU, and there's no dynamic unloading right now. It should be possible in future to run the game on low memory devices, at the cost of rotating and zoom taking a little longer to perform.

Rendering can be a little faster, if I implement a few more tricks with the sprite caching. The simulator can be a lot faster (JIT), but that's not a problem right now for clients. (may be an issue for server!)

Oh wow... im running the game on a NVidia GPU as well... only my CPU is 4.1Ghz one. i assume you have an intel CPU with integrated graphics?

Oh wow... im running the game on a NVidia GPU as well... only my CPU is 4.1Ghz one. i assume you have an intel CPU with integrated graphics?
On my laptop I do. I don't understand why you'd get any kind of stuttering on a 4 Ghz CPU with nvidia gpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back